Livery yard - Southampton?

Alex_kate

Visit site
Hi, I am moving to Bursledon soon and although i absolutely love my current livery yard i would like to see if there is any closer to the new house/cheaper possibly. Can anyone recommend a good part livery yard near to Bursledon? i need a school with lights.

Thanks!!

SNORKEY

Visit site
Hi, I live near Bursledon. There is Pinkmead farm, they have an indoor and out door schools, youv'e probably heard of them, not sure what area you are in now? The livery yard is over the road. Not sure on how great their turnout is though, but its a good place to be for competitions.

Harmsworth has a flood light school and a mini x-country course, they possibly do part livery, their turnout isn't bad but there is no where to ride out, the road is not nice to hack along.

Dodwell farm, which is by the entrance to Manor farm country park, that has good hacking all around the park, and they have a school and offer part livery.

And then there is Quob farm which is a little futher away.

Brantwood stables nr Botley, the horses are not allowed out all winter, and only have about 2 acres for all the horses, they do have an indoor school though and good hacking, they do part and full livery.

Cant think of any others that offer part livery that are that close to Bursledon at the mo!

Hope that helps

Fairytale

Visit site
I'm the other side of the River but I don't think there is anything in or around Bursledon area actually; apart from the ones already mentioned, the only other one that springs to my mind is off Segensworth Road in Titchfield - it has an awsomely super all weather school - but can't remember what its called. I have there phone number if you want to try them.

Alex_kate

Visit site
Thanks! I had a little look around pinkmead but wasnt sure where the livery yard was, lots of children put me off! Turnout is not a big issue as currently i put him out for 20 mins or so when im there. I don't hack either, if i do i would box him to the beach or something.

I used to showjump at quob, not sure what the stables are like though.

Harmsworth was about the only one i liked from the ones mentioned, although no space currently :( I absolutely hate trying to find yards!

Thanks again

SNORKEY

Visit site
Id try Dodwell farm, the lady sounded nice when I called and enquired before, I cant find the number now, but its the house on the right as you go down Pylands lane, as if your going to the country park.
Harmsworth would be ideal for you by the sounds of it, maybe you could go on their list and stay where you are until a space comes up.

horse_lover

Visit site
Dodwell Farm has a school, but its not floodlit, the people there are lovely though :)

Good luck with your search, I have been looking for over a year now and thankfully I have finally found somewhere

IsabelleJ

Visit site
There is a livery yard at Pinkmead Farm too - Sherecroft is their DIY yard. Pinkmead is possibly not the place to go if you don't want to be surrounded with kids - it is quite kid oriented. It does have a lovely restaurant for cups of tea and glasses of wine overlooking the indoor school :)

There are a few yards in Fair Oak, West End, and Abbey Liveries is in Netley Abbey. I am at Mayhill Stud in Swanmore - really lovely place, two outdoors, one indoor and fab hacking! If you want competitions on site, Crofton Manor in Stubbington is the place to be, they run lots of affiliated and unaff competitions.

Isabelle

SNORKEY

Visit site
Brantwood was the one I mentioned , it only has about two acres, I dont know how anyone would have the nerve to run a yard with only that much land, they are only allowed out in the summer, and still have to come in at night.

I like horses to be horses and be out at least all day, and not locked up in a stable, it's no life for a horse.

I forgot about Crofton, it is a good competition yard but they are only allowed out for half an hour a day ive been told.