Livery yards around Frome ? - diy

zandp

Visit site
I think i'm looking for a new yard, I've got 2 mares and would want turnout through winter (overnight stabling's fine), 24/7 turnout in summer would be great. I also want a school to ride in and some great hacking nearby.

I live in Frome and work in Trowbridge. Anyone got any ideas ? I work full time so need somewhere without restricted opening hours. Dogs and children should be ok on the yard because my nephew has to come up and help when he visits and I have a dog.

lucygunson

Visit site
Hi have you tried Whitbourne Farm in Corsley, I had my horse there and it is very nice with riding to Longleat although you have to pay for a permit, they have a school with a woodchip surface not sure if they have any space, there is also Shute Farm dont know what they have there though, I will try to think of some others

zandp

Visit site
Oh thanks
smile.gif

I know where Whitbourne is (I'm not from the area) so that's a good start. Shute Farm - I've found them online, near Downhead - art and dairy farm mentioned, is that the one you meant ?

zandp

Visit site
It's not them then
smile.gif

Will drive around this weekend and have a look, thanks. Near Shearwater/Longleat area would be a dream destination.

zandp

Visit site
Anyone else ? I've been to see a new yard near Woolverton but the school's not lit so I still couldn't ride after work.

Found the perfect yard but the only do part or full livery and I want DIY !

Another good one I know - Tascroft - has a waiting list.

LesleyLee

New User
Visit site
Hi, I have just read your thread on the H & H forum. I keep my horse on DIY livery at one of the yards mentioned in the forum but I really need to find Part/Full livery now and have had difficulty finding anywhere suitable. Could you let me know where the 'perfect yard' you found is, that does Part and Full as that would be really helpful. Lesley Lee. I am a new subscriber to this forum and it looks very good.