Livery yards being closed, banned from seeing our horses

Dave's Mam

Visit site
So far, my yard have said as long as we wear masks in public enclosed areas & maintain social distancing, we can continue as normal. Hopefully this will carry on & we don't end up with time slots & no riding like last time.

Bernster

Visit site
From previous threads, how yard managers responded seemed to cause a lot of unhappiness amongst liveries. Hopefully people will feel a bit clearer now about what to do.

We managed to move yards at the weekend. Last one took a very strict approach. I think this one will be less strict. That wasn’t why we moved but I think it will mean I can see and ride my horses more this time, but with some restrictions which is fair enough.

shamrock2021

Visit site
Ireland is going back into lockdown strict level 5 it going to be announced in a few minutes.

full livery can have it pros and cons unfortunately the reality is if you choose to be on full livery. If the yard owner don’t want you there . There is nothing you can do unfortunately since your not horse career. It heartbreaking but is the reality.

nobody should be shaming DlY people they are entitled to see there horses because they are the horse career.

sherry90

Visit site
Ireland is going back into lockdown strict level 5 it going to be announced in a few minutes.

full livery can have it pros and cons unfortunately the reality is if you choose to be on full livery. If the yard owner don’t want you there . There is nothing you can do unfortunately since your not horse career. It heartbreaking but is the reality.

nobody should be shaming DlY people they are entitled to see there horses because they are the horse career.

I am full livery - I am the person who exercises my horse so regardless, for welfare reasons, I have always been able to exercise my horse.

charterline

Visit site

On the flip side DIY’ers shouldn’t shame people on full livery...

Tihamandturkey

Visit site

I don't understand the point of this post tbh ?

leflynn

Visit site
Curious to know if anyone has been lockdown off their livery yards this time round? New current yard we haven't, old yard they are now restricted to 2 visits a week with time slots

Irishcob6

Visit site
Curious to know if anyone has been lockdown off their livery yards this time round? New current yard we haven't, old yard they are now restricted to 2 visits a week with time slots

We are allowed down thankfully, unlike last time. Only due to the fact that the BHS guidance this time stated yards can remain open - don’t think the BHS wanted to cause world war three again with unnecessary restrictions!!

Bernster

Visit site
Yards around me in Herts are open apparently - some on time slots and restrictions, some not allowing outside trainers, but liveries still attending from what I know (via trainers and friends).

chaps89

Visit site
No restrictions on our yard, share horse yard is back to a Rota, maximum 5 slots a week of either 2 hours or an hour and a half (can't quite remember which) To be fair, it's a large yard, primarily part/full livery so they get busy periods where there is just too many people on the yard really.

wiglet

Visit site
My yard (full livery) locked down completely last time. When restrictions eased we moved to time slots. This time, the yard has remained open with no time restrictions for liveries. YO has just asked that everyone remains socially distanced, no admittance to feed room or canteen, one person in tackroom at any one time. Masks to be worn at all times unless riding and hands to be sanitised before entering the yard and if you touch any brushes or stuff the staff may handle - there are hand sanitising stations dotted around the yard. It's working well atm.

leflynn

Visit site
We are allowed down thankfully, unlike last time. Only due to the fact that the BHS guidance this time stated yards can remain open - don’t think the BHS wanted to cause world war three again with unnecessary restrictions!!

I thought it was odd they had restricted them so much esp when the guidance didnt really suggest they needed to, be interesting to see if any others have restricted as harshly

we hand sanitise before we come to the yard, don't hang around and we all communicate so no more than 2 in the arena or hacking out together

ecb89

Visit site
I’m on a full livery yard. We were locked down last time. This time we are on time slots, 1 and half hours, 4 times a week. They tried to do 1 hour but it was not long enough.
Time slots have been introduced to protect staff. However, time slots are still being used once staff have left for the night, which I don’t understand.
We have also been told only vets and farriers allowed on the yard. No saddlers, back people etc

SO1

Visit site
We have all been asked to spend less time on the yard. No time limits but they might be introduced if people don't obey. But everyone is very compliant. I have reduced my visits from 4 to 3 times a week. Pre covid I was 5 times a week then reduced to 4 now down to 3 to do.my bit. Our yard can provide exercise ridden and on the walker. We were not shut the first time but most people did not visit during the first month of lockdown as it is mainly a part livery yard. This time whilst reducing our visits everyone is still coming. I expect as we know the restrictions are likely to continue for 3 months which is a long time to not go to the yard for.

I expect many yards will not want the joy of extra work in the winter which might arise from liveries not coming on to the yard for 6 weeks so perhaps less likely to shut this time.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
We are one hour timeslots for all liveries regardless of diy, full etc. Feel sorry for yard owner as she is under pressure to do things right.

We can ride or mess around outside grooming, leading, doing paddocks, etc which is classed as 'free time.

Masks, wash hands when arrive, santitise gel, socially distance.

An hour and a half or even a quarter would be better especially for those that can't ride. But just grateful i can see my horse.

I struggle as I have always suffered from anxiety and depression but really feel it now.

I feel a bit better this week. I respect others who may be vulnerable but it is sometimes hard to remember to put your mask on when you come in from outside. Its not like being at the supermarket for example lol.

Last edited: