livery yards coventry - tilehill

jackie p

Visit site
Hi everyone i am moving to tilehill i don't know this area what so ever i am after DIy livery for my 16 hh mare does anyone know of anything ??getting desperate now thanks everyone :)

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
there wont be anything in tile till, nor will there be anything further afield. Look at all the posts below about livery in this area. There are more horses than stables/grass round here.

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
Good luck then :D there may be yards further away in north Coventry such as Bedworth where weston lawns is but other than that, nout, nothing, nadda!

Wish I had money to set up my own yard id be so rich! :D

JustKickOn

Visit site
Fern House Farm might have some spaces, about 5 miles out of Tile Hill in Corley. 01676540844

Or Holly EC, about 8 miles out of Tile Hill http://www.hollyridingschool.com/

There are very few spaces on yards in the area, unless you want field only, on which you'll have to get networking in the area.

Cobsndogs

Visit site
I have heard that Beanit farm isn't so bad at the moment. It seems they only have about 8 liveries and the girl doing the services is reliable, so it might be worth a look.

jackie p

Visit site
I have heard that Beanit farm isn't so bad at the moment. It seems they only have about 8 liveries and the girl doing the services is reliable, so it might be worth a look.

it sounds nice on paper facilities wise but if i mention the name to anyone they sort of give me a funny look and tell me not to go there for whatever reason it has a a bad name:confused::confused:

diamonddogs

Visit site
Good luck then :D there may be yards further away in north Coventry such as Bedworth where weston lawns is but other than that, nout, nothing, nadda!

Wish I had money to set up my own yard id be so rich! :D

Sorry, not a chance! My yard's just down the road from there and we've got a 6 month waiting list. A friend on the yard's looking for somewhere close for his partner's horse but he's having no luck at all :(. Even the smaller yards with few facilities are full.

What's the issue with Beanit? (PM if you like). My friend's there and she's really happy :confused:

kellybee

Visit site
To answer your question from what I've heard and from friends who've left there it's full of teenagers, lots of tears and tantrums, nitpicking, bullying, etc. I can't say I've ever been there myself but it's a very big yard with not so expensive facilities so I guess there'll always be a high turnover. It's nice on the surface with indoor american barns but the place was somewhat rundown the last time I visited. You could try Pool House Farm down the lane (Hob Lane, Balsall Common) I was there for 3yrs and it's a lovely little place with nice people and big stables.

Other alternatives you might try the yard on Waste Lane in Balsall (sorry don't know the name), or Little Beanit (just along from Nailcote Hall) there's a new place thats supposed to be huge with mega facilities close to Berkswell train station, failing that there's Hillfields Farm on Harvest Hill Lane, or you could look on the notice board in Swann's feedmerchants (Corley). There's also Gibbs Bros feed merchants in Balsall Common but I don't know if they have a notice board. You might have more luck Claverdon way or even Kenilworth. Good Luck :) Hope this helps.

Last edited:

jackie p

Visit site
To answer your question from what I've heard and from friends who've left there it's full of teenagers, lots of tears and tantrums, nitpicking, bullying, etc. I can't say I've ever been there myself but it's a very big yard with not so expensive facilities so I guess there'll always be a high turnover. It's nice on the surface with indoor american barns but the place was somewhat rundown the last time I visited. You could try Pool House Farm down the lane (Hob Lane, Balsall Common) I was there for 3yrs and it's a lovely little place with nice people and big stables.

Other alternatives you might try the yard on Waste Lane in Balsall (sorry don't know the name), or Little Beanit (just along from Nailcote Hall) there's a new place thats supposed to be huge with mega facilities close to Berkswell train station, failing that there's Hillfields Farm on Harvest Hill Lane, or you could look on the notice board in Swann's feedmerchants (Corley). There's also Gibbs Bros feed merchants in Balsall Common but I don't know if they have a notice board. You might have more luck Claverdon way or even Kenilworth. Good Luck :) Hope this helps.
*yikes staying away from there* :D

HorseGirl18

Visit site
it sounds nice on paper facilities wise but if i mention the name to anyone they sort of give me a funny look and tell me not to go there for whatever reason it has a a bad name:confused::confused:

wouldnt risk it if i were you, has gone downhill recently and many liveries seem to be leaving.
cant give you much more info, not 'in the circle' x

amber.25

Visit site
I'm toying with the idea of setting up a livery yard in the areas listed in the title/knowle/soilhull.

I would be offering a part and/or full livery service, no DIY. Facilities would include indoor stables, outdoor menage, showjumps and cross country fences.

Is there much interest for a new yard in this area?
What services are in demand e.g. full or part livery?
What do people feel is the going rate?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, everything is just in the planning stage atm but I do have my eye on a couple of yards so it can easily become reality if it's viable/the demand is there!

Thanks guys xx

kellybee

Visit site
Everyone I know is on DIY or DIY + turnout. There aren't many places locally with menage/facilities unfortunately in the Tile Hill area. I live in Tile Hill and keep mine on private land but wouldn't travel as far as Knowle/Solihull myself. Maybe some of the others can add their penny's worth.