Livery yards in London

pollypil

New User
Visit site
Hi, Ive just moved to north London wondering if anyone can recommend a good livery yard part or full that has good hacking & facilities??

stangs

Visit site
There’s liveries on Arkley Ln and Galley Ln, both on a bridleway which links with good hacking, but don’t know if they only do DIY or not. Otherwise there’s Hilltop in Totteridge, Mote End Farm (the priciest in the area), South Medburn in Borehamwood.

If you want really good hacking, you may want to look further afield to Epping area. Hacking round N. London Barnet area is good (and roads aren’t bad especially when you get more in the green belt), but nothing compared to Epping or the Surrey/London border.

Final note would be to avoid Vicarage Farm and to take Frith with a pinch of salt (but don’t know if management has changed since I knew it).

pollypil

New User
Visit site
There’s liveries on Arkley Ln and Galley Ln, both on a bridleway which links with good hacking, but don’t know if they only do DIY or not. Otherwise there’s Hilltop in Totteridge, Mote End Farm (the priciest in the area), South Medburn in Borehamwood.

If you want really good hacking, you may want to look further afield to Epping area. Hacking round N. London Barnet area is good (and roads aren’t bad especially when you get more in the green belt), but nothing compared to Epping or the Surrey/London border.

Final note would be to avoid Vicarage Farm and to take Frith with a pinch of salt (but don’t know if management has changed since I knew it).

Thank you for your reply. Im open minded really as long as its not more than a 45 min drive, can you recommend any yards in Epping?

stangs

Visit site
Don’t know any of the yards round Epping personally but I believe Nightingale Farm has some full livery spaces.

The.Dr

Visit site
Galley lane is horrid and is also a riding school, Barnet roads are really bad to ride on and are very busy. The LEC would be my pick out of that or Frith, Gresham Livery in Broxbourne is nice but pricey. Nothing wrong with Vicarage Farm

Visit site
Posting simply to say I am in the same boat and would love to hear any recommendations or suggestions that people have. I am coming to the conclusion that the ideal yard in our location may not exist (I am in east London and looking for yards around Epping-Waltham abbey)

The.Dr

Visit site
Posting simply to say I am in the same boat and would love to hear any recommendations or suggestions that people have. I am coming to the conclusion that the ideal yard in our location may not exist (I am in east London and looking for yards around Epping-Waltham abbey)
Just riding in epping (Justine Armstrong small's) or Harolds park farm in nazeing which is close to Waltham abbey. Woodgreen farm in Cuffley but that's DIY Only

Spot_On03

Visit site
Trent Park does full easy enough by car/bus/train... but does come with a price tag, but has 2 indoors 2 outdoors, horse walker, off road hacking.
Woodhurst also has school and a track, hacking is good if you don't mind hacking down the road to get there.

chestnutride

Visit site
I'm at frith manor EC, it's a lovely yard, with adjacent bridle path, a small set of jumps and good stabling. There is all year turnout and individual turnout, with a regular vet visit on tuesdays. It's like a little family, everyone is so friendly, and I'm only 16, yet they are so welcoming. Personally, I have had a bad experience with livery at LEC but they are a good riding school. Woodhurst seems nice as well.