Livery yards near Chertsey/ Chobham/ Surrey

christymooo

Visit site
Hi All,

I am currently having to move to Surrey due to my job. My boyfriend already lives in Chertsey but is happy to move around Surrey.

I am looking for a DIY/ assisted DIY yard however I am struggling to find one with the below:

- All year turnout, with 24/7 in summer, seperate mares and geldings
- Floodlight school
- Good hacking

The most important thing for me is all year turnout.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

nikki.

Visit site
You could try Kings Ranch in Addlestone/Ottershaw - run by Judith King. 24hr turnout, mares and geldings in own fields, large school with floodlights and mirrors. Hacking round fields..... should be able to find number online. Good luck!

Shooting Star

Visit site
that's a tough one unfortunately, land is expensive in the area so 24/7 turnout isn't available in the majority of places around there.

Pannels farm in chertsey has an off road riding track and I think fits pretty much most of what you want although haven't been there for years - they are known for having a waiting list at times though. I believe that they also do summer 24/7 turnout, either that or they get their horses in very very late!

if you want good hacking you probably want to look at either yards surrounding chobham common or if you're prepared to go a few miles further windsor great park.

if the hacking isn't so high on the priority list there's quite a lot of yards in and around lyne which are within reach of a small amount of off road hacking but can't think of any that do 24/7 turnout but most will do all year turnout - best bet is to check in the countrywide store in lyne, Buttons or Chobham riders tack shops in Chobham or Rokers over by Merrist Wood to see who is advertising.

christymooo

Visit site
Thanks for both your replies. I am going to head to chobham rider this week and maybe have a drive around to see if I can find anywhere.

I will look into the places you have told me about and see where I get.

natalia

Visit site
There's a huge yard that runs as a riding school in Chertsey, backs on to M25, can't remember the name but they have a lovely big school and all horses live out (they do have stables but it's lovely), the yard owner is really nice and its well run. I just wish I was better with names! You could try there though, quite a few liveries.

111ex111

Visit site
chace farm in ashtead. no-one knows its there! I've just started sharing a horse there and its amazing there! massive floodlit school, amazing hacking (private land you can hack on or go further to epsom downs or over m25). 24/7 turn out in summer, all day turn out in winter depending on weather! not sure about mare & geldings separate you would have to ask :)