Livery Yards near Exmouth

rachyblue

Visit site
I'm moving to the area later this year and am looking for somewhere to keep my little cob, preferably DIY.

Doesn't have to be mega posh, just need a stable, turnout and a basic ménage.

New to the area so looking for some help from you guys.

Cheers

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Just an idea, but if you are on Facebook there's a group called "The Nutty Nags" and there's usually quite a lot of stuff on there re. yards etc in the area. If you PM me I can give you details and/or "invite" you on if needs be (can't remember whether its an invited group or not!).

Failing that: local feedmerchants are Sargents at Tipton St John (a bit away from Exmouth, but the local area); Town & Country (now Countrywide) at Crannaford, Cranbrook (new town) on the East of Exeter. Plus there's a place called Milmo's in Exmouth somewhere - I've not personally been there but they're supposed to be very good re. rugs cleaning/mending etc. Anyone else have their contact details??? As they may well have a noticeboard.

Also there's Bicton College in the area; if you're stuck you could put yours there till you get sorted. They are an equestrian college but all sorts of livery inc DIY may be available there (but won't be the cheapest option, obviously - but unsurpassed in facilities and hacking!). There's some lovely riding on Woodbury Common BUT the problem is that its all owned by one concern, plus the land and farms surrounding, which means that there is very little livery in the immediate Common area :(

You may need to stick yours somewhere in the East Devon area for the immediate future, then once you're here then look around. I'm about 9 miles from Exmouth, but don't have any space a.t.m. sorry!

Good luck anyway: anyone else on here in that area??

ArabianGem78

Visit site
You'll be very lucky - they are like hen's teeth around here. I live in Exmouth but drive out to Newton Poppleford for the decent off-road hacking (needed for endurance training). There was a yard with space back in December, but turn out wasn't great so I opted not to go for it. If you PM me, I can give you details (along with details of one place to avoid).

You could try approaching Budleigh Salterton Riding school as they have a livery yard. Again, I investigated it so PM for further details.

littlecoblet

Visit site
Hi this is OP logged in under wrong name originally. MiJods I won't be around until June at the earliest so could you possibly keep me in mind if you do get any spaces. Both of us are very civilised :)

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Hi this is OP logged in under wrong name originally. MiJods I won't be around until June at the earliest so could you possibly keep me in mind if you do get any spaces. Both of us are very civilised :)

Yes will do! But I can't see my lovely livery going anywhere soon................ but will keep you in mind if I hear of a vacancy round here anywhere.

Ohhh (sighs) what we SO desperately need in this area is a decent livery yard with good outriding and nice facilities. Dream on.

ArabianGem78

Visit site
I'm working on it! Sadly, my balls haven't dropped yet..... ;-) The yard I'm on is on the market, and there are SO MANY things I could do with the place, but it's so out of reach it's not funny.

The major land owner round here do have land they rent out. But they have a waiting list as demand inevitably outstrips supply. I'm on it but goodness knows how long it will be until something comes up. Is that something you would consider? If there were a school you could hire within a short hacK?