Livery yards on Isle of Wight please!!!

HKJ

Visit site
I have a friend looking for full/part or DIY livery yard with good hacking and school,jumps ect on the Isle of Wight.
If DIY she will need some assisted livery occasionally.

I am new to the island as well so I'm not much help :(

We are hoping someone on here will know.

If we fail, she may have to keep her horses close to the ferry ports in either Southampton or Portsmouth - not ideal.....

HKJ

Visit site
Hmmm, does no one live on th isle of Wight ... Hmm
It's supost to be pure horse country.

Please some one - help!!!

iconique

Visit site
I haven't lived on the Island for Hmmmm 20 years, but have visited several times since and still have friends over there, if I remember correctly there is one near Freshwater and on the other side of the island if its still going there was Brickfields. I used to occaisionally hack out with the lot from Romany, which couldn't have been far from Shalfleet where I lived (Think the lovely lady who put up with us back then was called Caroline???) But this is from the deepest darkest past and I'm sure they have changed lots!!

Is the tack shop still going too?? They might have something on their board and are always a mine of information. Otherwise I'd try your vet or farrier or even the hunt (have very happy memories of lots of great countryside there!).

At worst hopefully I've bumped your post. The island but does have some great private yards and word of mouth is the only thing to help your friend.

Elsbells

Visit site
I'm an Islander, but it's been 25yrs since I have lived there. All the family are there and a lot of horsey and non-horsey friends too, so we visit often.

Where abouts on the Island are you thinking of because although it is small, it is varied:)

HKJ

Visit site
Hi, around the Newport area, Godshill, wooton, arreton. I guess about 15 to 20 mins drive away from Newport.

Depends on how good the yard is.

Brickfields is still up and running, but to big and more of a riding school.

Thanks everyone, we shall keep on looking.
I'll be heading to a tack shop to find out more :)

Dobby

Visit site
Hiya, I live on the Island,

try www.iwcp.co.uk in the livestock classifieds section or www.wightbay.com in the pets section, both well known IOW websites with livery yards sometimes advertised.

Brickfields definitely take liveries. There's loads of private yards who advertise in the two links above and you can try looking in The Tack Shack in Newport or Froghill Tack in Godshill for adverts there.

Good luck :)