Livery yards Surrey 2011

evsj

Visit site
Hi All,

Not been on here for ages but I need some helpful suggestions from everyone with one of those tedious "Does anyone know of a livery yard in .......?" threads - sorry!

I have checked related posts but they are all a bit bit dated so, here's what I need...

I'm moving to Oxted area in the next few weeks and want to bring the moody mare with me so I am looking for DIY assisted or reasonably priced Part livery in the Oxted/Tatsfield/Warlingham/Limpsfield area.

I work in central London and drive in (due to shifts) so inside the M25 on my route in is fine. My horse is retired from eventing/jumping due to tendon injury but I am in the process of getting her fit for stressage/showing and hacking so somewhere with good (hilly) hacking is desirable (some roadwork is ok too as she is good in traffic), an outdoor school is needed but other than that I don't need heaps of facilities so would probably suit a smaller/laid back yard. All year turn out is preferable and flexible help to cover my occasional days of working away from London. A good atmosphere is essential and I am willing to help out with other horses in return for help with mine if such an establishment is out there.

My current yard is fab, nice people and I do work on the yard to help out when not doing my proper job (mainly riding other peoples horses!) so it will be a wrench to leave after nearly 4 years but needs must.

If anybody has any suggestions and knows of current vacancies please feel free to PM me - I went up to the Saddlery and Gun room the other day but not much was advertised, also tried Church Farm Woldingham but the lady doesn't have any vacancies at the mo.

Thanks for your help - never been let down by H&H forums in the past so fingers crossed!

warbank

Visit site
I have my horses stabled at Hazelwood Stud in warlingham, it has everything you need, its a small friendly yard, they do full/part/d.i.y. livery, they have a floodlite sandschool and the hacking is fabulous, the owner is very helpful and everyone gets on well, she only has one box available due to someone changing their mind after she held the box all over xmas for them, give her a call: 01883626611

evsj

Visit site
I have my horses stabled at Hazelwood Stud in warlingham, it has everything you need, its a small friendly yard, they do full/part/d.i.y. livery, they have a floodlite sandschool and the hacking is fabulous, the owner is very helpful and everyone gets on well, she only has one box available due to someone changing their mind after she held the box all over xmas for them, give her a call: 01883626611

Many thanks Warbank, I will try your YO tomorrow.

Sanolly

Visit site
If you want hilly hacking aim for Warlingham/Woldingham if poss although be aware that in the snow the hills are steep! I can't recommend any yards but if you end up in Woldingham and need a hacking buddy then give me a shout!

WildRider

Visit site
Hi! I'm also looking for a DIY (or possibly assisted) yard in the Woldingham/Warlingham area (and also new to the forum!) so if you do hear of anything, could you please let me know? My two girls are currently based in Whyteleafe, but the turnout is absolutely shocking, and the YO has just added another horse so I'm desperate to move. :eek: Knowing how fab the hacking is there, I'm really reluctant to leave the area. So any suggestions are gratefully received!! :)

ZST

New User
Visit site
Hi,

I too am moving to the Oxted area in the next couple of weeks - obviously a popular area to move to! - and am new to the forum too. I don't know the area or any yards and would be really grateful of any info, am looking for assisted DIY/ part livery.

Cheers for any help.

WildRider

Visit site
Hi EVSJ and ZST, just to let you know, I was told that Orchard Farm Stables in Warlingham have a couple of part liveries available. I've not seen it myself (part livery is no good for me anyway!) but apparently they're not a bad yard. Worth Googling perhaps? :D

KVH

Visit site
Hello, do any of these yards do 24/7 365 turnout as mine live out all year round? Must have school and can be towards Biggin Hill, Keston, Bromley etc way too! Thanks! :)