Livery

Jumper123

Visit site
I was considering doing livery to take in some extra cash. If I have 2/3 extra stables, can I do livery with them without having to get extra insurances etc. What do you think about the idea overall??

Vicki1986

Visit site
i think you can but shouldnt? i know people who run hush hush livery yards to avoid business rates etc. probably not the best idea, especially if something was to happen to one of your liveries. but each to their own.

rodgerroo

Visit site
i have previously stabled at a 'small private yard', basically a few stables behind someones home, with a field etc. Now, i was very young at the time so we never asked about their insurance etc. I very much doubt they had any. They 'got away' with it for years before selling up. However, i dont think if i have spare stables i would do it as is it worth the risk of being caught? Do you honestly want extra people around - esp if the yard is at your home?

Enfys

Visit site
Don't do it.

If things get nasty you could risk losing everything in costs and compensation if someone (even the nicest people) decided you were at fault and took you to the cleaners,horses, yard, home, the lot. For a few extra quid in your pocket it isn't worth skipping on insurance.