Liveryman Harmony Blades...

Rosehip

Visit site
I have the Liveryman Harmony battery powered clippers, my OH bought them as a christmas pressie for me last year and I love them! However, Im not keen on the wide blades as they just dont seem to cut, so I have used the normal blades for 4 full clips, 2 hogs and 3 full feathers off so far. They dont feel or cut blunt yet, but when Ive done Mellys bib clip tomorrow I think it will be about time I had either new blades or had these ones sharpened. So my question is: Can these blades be sharpened (they are snap on self tension ones) and if so, where does them??
Ive only ever had separate combs and cutters, so Im not sure how snaps ons work!
Inc a link to the clippers in case you arent sure which ones I mean!
http://www.ukcountrystore.co.uk/acatalog/Harmony_Cordless_Horse_Clippers_2_Blade_Package.html
http://www.robinsons-uk.com/products/ProductDetail.asp?ProductCode=46093&campaign=Basefeed

Cheers all! x

Last edited:

Ginge Crosby

Visit site
I've got these clippers too (best buy ever, absolutely love them), and was recently wondering the same thing!
I've asked in CCF (countrywide for wales) and they can do the ostler ones (but i think they are different to these), but the girl who works there said to look in the back of horse and hound as there's a company in there that do them, all you have to do is post to them.

I only use the narrow blades, as i leant my wide ones to a friend who broke them and they never got replaced. But i've only done one full clip with them, and was going to get them sharpened after i clip this winter. But you said yours have done more clips than this and they're still fine? they're my first set of clippers that i've owned so i'm still not sure how often i need to do them!

Rosehip

Visit site
Oh great, cheers for that! I didnt know of they could be sharpened or not! Duh!! Obviously having a blonde day!!
I'll be doing a high chaser and a low chaser on my 2 before I send mine off to be sharpened, they are still cutting fine. Coffee-Bean, the 2 sets I got were a wide corse set and then a narrower finer set, the wide ones really dont seem to cut properly at all, but perhaps its just me? I did this full clip last year with the fine blades, did a lovely job!
DSCF0720.jpg