Liveryman Harmony Plus vs. Masterclip Ranger clippers?

fuze

Visit site
Hi guys :)

Any opinions here would be good, I've narrowed my search down to 2, just torn between them!

They'll be clipping a hairy, cobby pony, but likely only him. Not for any serious clipping, and I don't want to spend masses as a result.

Any experiences? Much appreciated!

tinap

Visit site
I don't know about the masterclip, but the LM Harmony would not go through my cob at all (& he wasn't that hairy, just coarse :( ) I only use them on the dog now xx

BlackRider

Visit site
I've just got some LM Harmony, and they where fine on my arab, not sure what they'd be like on something very hairy though.

9tails

Visit site
Agree with tinap, I have Liveryman Harmonys and they do my warmblood OK if I get in quick around the end of September and keep on top of it. They do struggle if she's grown out though. I think Moser Avalons may be better but haven't tried them or Masterclip.

L&M

Visit site
I have both!!!

I have 2 hairy cobs that need clipping regularily throughout the winter and find the Masterclip are the best when their coats are thicker, and use the liveryman for lines, faces, tidying up etc.

After Christmas I find their coats slow down in growth and have done a full clip with the LM. They are fine but take longer as have a narrower blade.

dreamcometrue

Visit site
I have Liveryman Harmony for my Welsh cob. They are very quiet and that is a major plus for me. I find they clip very well but I let them cool down every so often. I use them to clip my mare and a friend's Connie with no problems.

shadowboy

Visit site
I have the masterclip ones. I've done three blanket clips with them- they have gone through a TB coat, warmblood and new forest yak coat. Never did they one heat up. They are wide enough to get the job done quickly too. Negatives? They struggle to clip fiddly areas like the head as they are big and wide but I do just about manage. They are not easy to tension - because of the way the blades are to be positioned it's difficult to get it all set up easily to ensure it works just right. However I love mine!!

fuze

Visit site
Hmm. Thanks for replies... I was hoping the Harmonys would win out as I like the idea of the smaller, lighter set. However cobby pone has very dense fluff - he's sweating just standing still in the weather at the moment (with a half-grown-out chaser clip), and you're hard-found to find skin underneath it.

I guess I'm better going for the Masterclips? They both work out around the same price for clippers + 2 sets of blades.

Ella19

Visit site
Just be aware that I have found the Masterclip clippers to be good but noisy! If you need a quieter clipper like the liveryman harmony then I would go for something like the Heiniger Progress. Yes they are more expensive but I myself are going for this option with a young noise sensitive horse!

JJones

Visit site
I have both sets. Bought the liveryman harmony clippers about 3 years ago now, they worked great for one year and then had nothing but problems, sent them off for servicing and they still barely clip. Just going to give them one last chance and send them off again if not they are going in the bin.
I really like the Masterclip ones, they arent that noisy, i didnt find them much more noisy than the harmony ones. I clipped a very hairy cob with them this season, and they did well, and of course a bit cheaper than the liveryman harmony clippers!

fuze

Visit site
Coblet is pretty bulletproof, so I'm not too worried about noise levels :) He was last done with Lister Stars (not my clippers, unfortunately), and stood like a pro.

Thanks all, sounds like the Harmony are a bit of a gamble... I just want something basic to whip fluff off with. I've just ordered the Rangers, so fingers crossed we have a nakey pony by the end of the week!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Lm harmony would not go through my Welsh d at all ended up having to go over each bit about 3 times and he ended up looking like some tramlined teenager! Also not good when you are paying for sedation time. Nearly threw the poxy things across the stable

Bought some lm red rockets following that and love them they coped fine with a full clip inc legs on said Welsh D

fuze

Visit site
Well the Rangers arrived! I ordered on Sunday night, they arrived this morning, and they've powered through coblet's super-dense pony fluff without a problem. Rather impressed for the price :)