Liz Jones has a pop at Clare Balding

Wundahorse

Visit site
I have to confess i have been addicted to Liz Jone's diary over the years,but she is the most spiteful,ungrateful person to walk the earth.Nothing is ever good enough,and then she moves to the country having bought the country pile,then expects the locals to change the ways of centuries to fit in with her bizarre beliefs about animal welfare.Does she really think farmers keep stock as field ornaments?did she not comprehend that all she needed to do was to try and fit in with the locals? what a contrast to Hugh Fearnly Whiitingstall who had a fantastic time when he moved to River Cottage.LJ can leave the lovely,warm Clare Balding alone.I expect she is jealous of Clare popularity.

Kat

Visit site
Carole Malone had a pop at Claire and Alice this sunday too. :(

Both peices were most unfair.

I think Claire Balding is fab, a proper presenter who does a good job rather than the nice but dim carbon copy blondes that we are normally fobbed off with. Rather Claire than that awful girl from blue peter or fearne cotton urgh.

fatpiggy

Visit site
The other hilarious thing about the Jones woman is that she totally contradicts herself in the public domain, and thinks we are all so thick we won't notice! I heard her on Womans Hour one day and a couple of weeks later wrote an "article" (I wouldn't wipe my backside with them) doing a complete about face on the same subject. She is an out and out liar and if she was on fire I wouldn't p**s on her. The world should be grateful that at least she didn't spawn a small version of herself - imagine being brought up by that shrivelled up old bat. Having heard what she said about her neighbours and folk around the area, I'm quite surprised she didn't suddenly disappear down a mine shaft or into a particulary remote bog. A contract taken out on her would be money well spent.

Luci07

Visit site
The other hilarious thing about the Jones woman is that she totally contradicts herself in the public domain, and thinks we are all so thick we won't notice! I heard her on Womans Hour one day and a couple of weeks later wrote an "article" (I wouldn't wipe my backside with them) doing a complete about face on the same subject. She is an out and out liar and if she was on fire I wouldn't p**s on her. The world should be grateful that at least she didn't spawn a small version of herself - imagine being brought up by that shrivelled up old bat. Having heard what she said about her neighbours and folk around the area, I'm quite surprised she didn't suddenly disappear down a mine shaft or into a particulary remote bog. A contract taken out on her would be money well spent.

While I am no longer a fan, I think your last comment was somewhat out of place! I think we should all take a leaf out of CB's book and rise well above Ms Jones spite.

philamena

Visit site
I think the thing I find tedious about it is that even LJ isn't warped enough to think and believe the things she pretends to, it's all just attention-seeking *******s and she knows it. I think I'd actually mind less if she genuinely believed it or the things she wrote about had genuinely happened. Those of us living in the area at the time of all the Exmoor exploits know that they were largely figments of her imagination. The thing people forget or don't twig about writing for tabloids, and especially the Mail and the Express, is they assume the people who write columns actually mean what they say, rather than that they write a product that will appeal to the lowest common denominator of reader / which will get them attention / will keep them in a job. And if you've set your stall out for being outrageous, you'd better keep being outrageous or people will get bored and you'll get dropped. Which is fine when you live in a fantasy land, but not so much when you bring real people into it.

Equally, if they suddenly got a better paid gig on a paper of the opposite political / cultural leaning, they'd suddenly "be" a different person. I know journalists who've done this in far more important areas such as reporting politics: on Sunday writing for the Independent, on Monday writing for the Mail. Most are purely wordsmiths, ultimately.

On a separate note, talking of LJ slagging off cheap clothes: the last time I met her (at a meeting, not exactly caught unawares), she was wearing man-made fibre jogging bottoms and a tatty jumper and looked like death warmed up. The whole faux snobbery thing is basically tut, so people like Clare are right to see it for the cheap waffle that it is.

Can't believe I just wanted five minutes of my life writing that :D :D :D :D

joelb

Visit site
I’m no huge CB fan but I’m outraged that such an ill informed numpty would write such rubbish; CB has forgotten more about horses and compassion than LJ could learn in a lifetime. Personally I stopped reading LJ offerings when she wrote about putting one of her horses to bed looking under the weather and finding it dead the next morning with kick marks up the wall. A ‘rescuer’ of the very worst order!!

Marydoll

Visit site
Loved the outfit Clare, and always enjoy your reports:D
Liz Jones, well what can i say, always comes over to me as quite a sad individual, more to be pitied than anything really :(

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Liz Jones - a 2nd class embarrasment - she is not good enough to be 1st class - what on earth to the papers pay her for? a baby chimp would write a more congurent column.

Wundahorse

Visit site
Couldn't agree more with Philemena,LJ is a journalist who is sensationalizing her accounts to make a story which sells papers,that keep her in a job.The fact she has the nation divided suggests she is achieving her aims.What better way to seek publicity than to knock a national treasure,then sit back and watch the fallout.Job done.The whole exmoor episode was probably some kind of social experiment which gave a biased view of the locals which supported her stories.
I can't believe though that LJ is a poor destitute woman,unless she really does fritter all of her copious income on high end goods.She does come across as being a high maintenance,high EE woman with a narcissistic personality,complicated by a capricious nature.This folks,may even be part of the alter ego of LJ.She is probably living a nice comfy life with her rich RS,somewhere in the Med,sipping champagne and eating raisin excluded muesli with rice milk and nectar.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
It appears she has now moved to Yorkshire which is great for the South West, in the 20 odd years we have lived here we have received a warm welcome from most, and would never leave.

Whaaaaaaaaattttt?! :eek:

I think she may find the reputed 'northen hospitality' passes her by :p

Hope she doesn't catch sight of my poor neglected muddy horse :D

fatpiggy

Visit site
Couldn't agree more with Philemena,LJ is a journalist who is sensationalizing her accounts to make a story which sells papers,that keep her in a job.The fact she has the nation divided suggests she is achieving her aims.What better way to seek publicity than to knock a national treasure,then sit back and watch the fallout.Job done.The whole exmoor episode was probably some kind of social experiment which gave a biased view of the locals which supported her stories.
I can't believe though that LJ is a poor destitute woman,unless she really does fritter all of her copious income on high end goods.She does come across as being a high maintenance,high EE woman with a narcissistic personality,complicated by a capricious nature.This folks,may even be part of the alter ego of LJ.She is probably living a nice comfy life with her rich RS,somewhere in the Med,sipping champagne and eating raisin excluded muesli with rice milk and nectar.

The rock star boyfriend was recently revealed to be another of her porkies. As no doubt is her destitution. Her Exmoor house was on the market for over £1M (might have been 2, I can't remember) and you should have seen the furnishings and fittings it had in it. Clearly the Daily Fail pays extremely well. Ha, I'd love to know what her new neighbours in Yorkshire think of her. Yorkshire folk don't hold back and tell it exactly as it is - to your face! They will rip her to shreds.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Ha, I'd love to know what her new neighbours in Yorkshire think of her. Yorkshire folk don't hold back and tell it exactly as it is - to your face! They will rip her to shreds.

If I could just find out where she lived! I'm hoping she meets one of the flat-capped-string-holding-together-my-inherited-wax-jacket-together variety :D

(rather than the 'aren't we great all living in Harrogate with our choc labs, 2.4 children and Barbour jacket' kind :rolleyes: )

Wundahorse

Visit site
OMG my sister in laws JRT killed a rat in the feed room Saturday)which had been tucking into the horses feed)Don't tell LJ or i will be publicly condemned for cruelty.Sorry folks,just country ways of keeping pests under control.

silu

Visit site
Likewise I managed to catch the 2 stonking mice yesterday which were no doubt the size they were due to me having "fed" them oats for the past god knows how long. My cat has been told in no uncertain terms to get it's act in gear or he's going to be replaced!

Like the majority who have posted I'm now a fan of CB, wasn't too keen on her when she 1st started presenting but, imo she has improved dramatically and I enjoy listening to her enthusiastic and knowledgeable commentary. Crawl back under your stone LJ.

Fantasy_World

Visit site
If I could just find out where she lived! I'm hoping she meets one of the flat-capped-string-holding-together-my-inherited-wax-jacket-together variety :D

(rather than the 'aren't we great all living in Harrogate with our choc labs, 2.4 children and Barbour jacket' kind :rolleyes: )

This ^^^^^ made me chuckle :)

As for the article it was appalling. As a former journalist myself I would be ashamed to write such diatribe. It was a piece that so went against the grain of the guidelines for press conduct that I am surprised a newspaper published it!
It was a personal and vile attack on Clare Balding :(
The journalist seems to be very anti racing and as such it appears that Clare was the target of her tirade against the sport.
Inexcusable in my opinion !

EAST KENT

Visit site
Liz says she is in Wales;Boy she is selling newspapers,getting folk talking..job done!:D
Clare,lovely lady,and yes it was mean to write that stuff,but Clare laughs it off ,so no worries.Definitely right to pass on that interview was`nt she!:)

Wundahorse

Visit site
I'd love to do a psychological analysis of LJ but I'm still not sure which facet of her personality is the real LJ,or the altar ego.In any event it's all about selling papers and getting megabucks for her efforts,enough to keep her in Prada handbags and top range designer clothes.It is a hypocrisy how LJ gives her pets meat though.Thought the cats might be on a veggie diet,not M&S best prawns.Just one of her public contradictions.

fatpiggy

Visit site
Liz says she is in Wales;Boy she is selling newspapers,getting folk talking..job done!:D

Actually, newspaper sales are falling through the floor and that includes the Daily Fail. Most people just view them online now, hence it is much easier to respond to articles via readers comments. At the moment it is really just advertising that sustains hardcopy production.

I remember LJ's personal attack on Phil Spencer in an article too. She employed his company to either sell her Exmoor place or buy the new one in Yorkshire and then loudly complained publicly what the fee was. I'm quite amazed someone hasn't taken her to court yet. Actually, I'm dumbfounded that the Daily Fail is allowed to print what it does because it is a blatently homophobic, racist rag which delights in rabble-rousing against all groups in society who aren't white and straight. If I stood on the street and shouted the same things I'd be arrested and rightly so, but they just get away with it over and over again.

philamena

Visit site

^^^ :D :D :D

I quite enjoy the spoof twitter accounts that spring up (eg Liz Jones in Somalia), they're very funny. You should wite one! The Somalia one raised a fair bit for charity too.