Loaf of bread gone in 60 seconds

Visit site
Just come downstairs to find an extremely fat looking dog and and remains of a plastic sliced bread bag. Bread was on the kitchen unit and
small spaniel obviously got long arms. Whole new loaf, small sliced wholemeal with seeds !
Clumber spaniel managed to down a whole loaf a couple of years ago with no ill effects, but she's only half his size. Worried shes going to bloat, there's always an animal at the bottom of my problems !

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Our old dog pinched and snaffled an entire loaf from the judge's table (it was going to be used to make his lunch) during a show, I think it went down in three gulps. She was fine and I think won the class anyway, if not in second place. The critique was cut out and put in my mum's scrapbook with the annotation 'LOAF OF BREAD!!'.

exmonkey

Visit site
He's also managed to take a cupboard door off its hinges in his relentless pursuit of food.

We now have crate to keep him in over night

deb_l222

Visit site
Willow would have also eaten the plastic bag as well!!

You should be OK, just don't add any more food to the mix for several hours. Give the bread chance to work its way through :rolleyes:

Clyde, the long dead (thank goodness) springer used to have a fetish for all sorts of nonsense; socks, lino, pants, tissues, wallpaper as well as any stolen food he could find. He once got in a bag of dried dog food and filled his face for a good 30 minutes. He lived to tell the tale. Willow has done something similar very recently.

p.s. only kidding about the thank goodness he's not here anymore comment. He was a nuisance but he was lovely.

pippixox

Visit site
My lab does live up to the rep of the breed to eat everything! Even if it’s gross (rotten meat dumped in carrier bag in a hedge by our walk for example). More recently, he found a tub of used cooking oil and ate/drank it all.... did find some liquid poo by the back door the next morning. He clearly didn’t whine loud enough in the night for me to let him out. But most things he can stomach. Where as my collie with gently swipe food that she likes and leave the rest.

My brother in law have a lift to his friends Staff, who kindly ate his back seat belts. On a lease car about to be retuned!!!

pippixox

Visit site
On holiday in France jasper the lab ate a sack of stale baguettes- I guessing about 4 before we noticed and ran off with one before the other dogs got involved!

C1airey

Visit site
I expect you’re smelling the effects by now. Whenever ours get hold of bread, it makes them dreadfully windy. The smallest is quite a windy dog anyway so a sandwich crust is all it takes to make her turbo-powered.

Hope you and pooch are okay x

windand rain

Visit site
I am so pleased my labrador isnt a thief left our sunday roast on the coffee table while we were called out for two hours it was exactly as we left it when we returned cold but a trip in the micrwave made it just about edible (not keen on microwaved food)

Reactions: tda

tda

Visit site
Ha ha, sooo funny, our terrier once ate the whole inside of an uncut loaf when I left him in the car with the shopping for ten minutes 🤔 didn't do that again.

{97702}

Visit site
I actually feel very mean now that my dogs never get the chance to steal anything.... ever since the Christmas turkey incident a few years ago, I’ve realised that anything unattended is fair game!

It used to be so funny when the ex still lived here, he just didn’t get it..... so he had a bacon sandwich that was just bread, sausage and mash that was just mash etc etc 😛 I was very mean and laughed my socks off, I kept telling him not to have his plate at dog level 😄