Loan Agreement Query!

icemaiden113

Visit site
How do i get my horses things back?
I put one of my horses out on loan a few weeks ago with just about everything he owns to someone I didn't know but had good refs. Anyway he is now back but with out some of his things. I have tried to contact the person that had him, will not answer the phone but did reply to e-mails now that has stopped. Every time I contacted her I was told his things would be back with me by the weekend! That was 6weeks ago. We had a loan agreement with the items on there so this has now been breached. They were not collected when he was picked up as a transport company had to get him as the loaner made no effort to return him (it was her that didn't want him and he was only there 5 days!).
Can someone please advise me on where to go from here, as there are 2 very expensive pairs of tendon boots still in her posession!

icemaiden113

Visit site
I would love to but we live 450miles away now, we were moving and thats why the horse went on loan 2 days before moving he came back, his things are in south devon and we are now in northumberland!

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
It will be very difficult, we lost some stuff when ours came home despite having a loan agreement.
You could get the papers to take her to the small claims court, I'm sure I read recently you can do it on line and it isn't that expensive. Often just the threat will make people think more about it anyway. Good luck, we wrote ours off in the end.

Nic74

www.horseweb2.proboards82.com
Write a letter, enclose a copy of the loan agreement and highlight the part that details the equipment that went with the horse. Say you will take action in the small claims court if the items are not returned, send it recorded delivery, make sure you give them a deadline (7 days would be fine) and that might be all you need to do.

If you don't get a reply you can decide whether to persue it in the court or just write them off.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Do as someone else says and write a recorded delivery letter but IMHO you will struggle to get it all back. My horse came back without some of his rugs and although I chased, I didn't get it all back. TBH I was so pleased just to get him back from them (they turned out to be a nightmare) that I forgot about the rugs as it would have cost me too much money to pursue it.