Loan horse....sods law!!

Halfpass

Visit site
So last year I was looking for a horse to loan I ended up buying as couldn't find what I was looking for on loan.

Its sods law that a friend has just decided to loan out her mare!!!

Ah well never mind I have my lovely girl now and wouldn't swap her for the world.

My question is, is she likely to find a better loan home if she advertises or just waits for someone word of mouth?

Also are people really prepared to travel very far to view a loan horse? Is it worth advertising locally or further a field?

Thanks

scrumpygus

Visit site
When i got loaners i used horsemart and stabletalk and was inundated with people that were interested (not all suitable mind you!) But lots of people to choose from.

PucciNPoni

Visit site
I would be willing to travel to view a loan horse -but sadly not many people are willing to SEND a horse that far. I've been trying to find a horse to do some RC and dressage with and am struggling to find any in/around Edinburgh.
frown.gif

Halfpass

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I would be willing to travel to view a loan horse -but sadly not many people are willing to SEND a horse that far. I've been trying to find a horse to do some RC and dressage with and am struggling to find any in/around Edinburgh.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

She would be ideal for what you want.

It is a very long way but PM kiri_n_sam on here not sure how far is too far but its worth an ask!!

Nels

Visit site
I would definitely travel to find the right horse on loan - I am currently looking, but have found as per PucciNPoni's post that a lot of people want their horses to stay locally.

Maybe your friend should try word of mouth/local tackshops first and if no luck try Horsequest/horsemart (but be prepared for the usual teenagers who have had 2 riding lessons to phone up!).

Or alternatively your friend could send her to me
wink.gif

Timmy100

Visit site
I definately wouldtravel, been looking for ages for a suitable pony on loan but as you say not many people want to send them far..i can appreciate it as the handfull of those horror loaners have spoiled it for the genuine ones..:)

Halfpass

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Halfpass, I have a friend over near Uckfield is looking for a safe hack - would your friend's mare be suitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly, PM kiri_n_sam on here or me with your details and i'll pass them onto her.

Its a TB mare not sure how big or age etc but i'm pretty sure she isn't a complete loon!!!

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site
Hi Halfpass, Unfortunately my friend is looking for a non TB type - what a shame. Hope she finds a suitable home soon. May be worth contacting the riding clubs/bridleway groups around this area. Thanks again.