loanee refusing to pay to return my horse

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Just go and collect him. Sometimes as owners we just have to. Whether you decide to go after her for the livery costs in lieu of notice and the cost of getting him is up to you - personally I didn't bother - but just go and get him back, particularly if he's not being looked after properly.

Meandtheboys

Visit site
the agreement was for her to have a year loan so could could save to buy him, she has decided she will keep him for her pleasure in the summer than get rid at my cost the cheeky cow! whats amicable about that?

..............if she has only had horse 4 months that means she did take him after the best of the summer months!!

FionaM12

Visit site
I feel very sorry for this p oor horse and I am not sure it will be better off with its owner, that is if she can be bothered to pick it up.

I agree totally. In not one of the OP's posts has she expressed concern or affection for this horse, only how hard-done-by she feels.

Poor horse.

Goldenstar

Visit site
For heavens sake OP a horse on loan can become your again anytime be grateful that you are not desperately posting on stolen and missing horses trying to find him.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Isn't it about £125 to start a small claims? Surely the transport cost won't be much more? Don't you know someone with transport?

Why the heck would you leave your horse with someone who hasn't looked after him? I'd have got him back as soon as I knew this. :confused:

welsh horse rider

Visit site
I so agree with all the posters OP you don't seem concerned about your horse in any way shape of form all you seem concerned about is bickering and nit picking your horse maybe better off with someone else to be honest

mulledwhine

Visit site
This is all beyond my comprehension , I loaned my boy out, and it was the worst thing I ever ever did :(

I took our current pony on loan and treated him like he was made of glass!!

I think think some people forget that loan is just that, ' I lend you my horse'

Go and get him back first thing in the morning and then argue the finer points afterwards x

Moomin1

Visit site
I hazard a guess that the horse isn't actually in any bad way at all and this is just the OP slagging the loanee off! I agree with the others on here, why fart around over a small amount of money (can't cost that much surely?) when you believe (or do you?!) that this horse is being mistreated? I would go to the ends of the earth to get my horse back if I thought she was in any way not getting what she needs and I wouldn't give two hoots what it costs - I would go in debt for it if need be!

paulineh

Visit site
some of us are put upon.

A friend of mine has on loan a lovely Anglo Arab, she lost her job (Shes a groom) so asked if I would have him for between 2 and 4 weeks until she found another job. For the first few days she txted me but now I have not heard anything although I have txted her a number of times. Fortunately the owner is a friend too so she has sent me some livery money.

The horse is no trouble but it would be nice if the loanee would just keep in contact.

FionaM12

Visit site
guess you was born with a golden spoon in your mouth!

I don't get this OP? What has having a privileged background to do with caring about a horse? :confused:

I *was* born with nothing of the sort. But was blessed with an education. :cool:

I don't have much of a formal education but if i ever had to loan Mollie out and thought she wasn't being cared for properly, my concern would be how to get her back, not moaning about what a cow her loaner was being to me.

Goldenstar

Visit site
some of us are put upon.

A friend of mine has on loan a lovely Anglo Arab, she lost her job (Shes a groom) so asked if I would have him for between 2 and 4 weeks until she found another job. For the first few days she txted me but now I have not heard anything although I have txted her a number of times. Fortunately the owner is a friend too so she has sent me some livery money.

The horse is no trouble but it would be nice if the loanee would just keep in contact.

Lucky horse has you and a decent owner.

goldenmint

Visit site
If you don't want to/ can't be arsed to collect your horse why not ask loaner if she would sell him from her yard (when well enough of course) and split the costs and sell price?
You don't have to have horse back and you get some money (which seems to be the main concern here) so win win surely.

MrsHutt

Visit site
Sorry, I don't understand - how much is it actually going to cost to bring the horse home? I do understand your point that it is part of her agreement, but it seems she has already reneged on that anyway.

I would go and get him asap!

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Have you thought that maybe the loaner is having financial or relationship problems and cannot afford to keep the horse on loan any longer? Circumstances can and do change.
OP if you was really being neglected as you say and not being cared for properly then how come you haven't bothered to pick it up yet? I don't believe for one minute its been neglected and I think you just want money. If you REALLY cared about your horse you would of picked it up no matter what.

The horse would be better off with a new owner,someone who can be bothered to care about it.

Ladydragon

Visit site
i would never ever loan again! you carnt trust anyone, since she has had him 4 months only his weight has dropped he has ringworm he is living outside when i was told he would be stabled at night i am so angry that someone could do this to him.

And you're whinging about collecting him? :rolleyes:

People who want something for nothing will say anything.......................,

Erm, some of us loaners who 'have a horse for nothing' do take perfectly good care of them and shove hand in pocket to cover all the day to day costs and extras like rugs, tack etc...

the agreement was for her to have a year loan so could could save to buy him, she has decided she will keep him for her pleasure in the summer than get rid at my cost the cheeky cow! whats amicable about that?

Which summer would that be given the time scale? *yawn*

Alyth

Visit site
IMO You need to consider karma!! What goes around comes around. We have all had hard times when we have had to make decisions that go against the grain. We have all had hard times when we had to pay off debts. Perhaps it is time to "pay it forward" and make it as easy as possible for the loaner to return the horse to your care. It may be difficult for you as you must have had reasons for loaning him out in the first place. But be positive and hope that somewhere there is another person who will be able to complete the loan to the satisfaction of both of you. I must say I am amazed at the antagonism shown by many people in the UK nowadays......I'm sure people were more co-operative and friendly in my youth!!! Good luck in both recovering your horse, and finding a future for him.

ABC

Visit site
OP, in the grand scheme of things, is it £60 (or however much it will cost you for diesel) more important than your horses' health?