Loaning A Horse...........

steph21

Visit site
Its all a bit premature but im really excited so.......

ive been asked to take on a friend of a friends horse for a couple of years to bring her on shes a 5year old 16.2hh mare by My Eclipse, out a coloured mare, she look absolutly stunning, im going to ride her tomorrow and see what I think.

Scranny_ann is hopfully going to have my lovely girl abbey on loan or until I sell her, which is perfect as I no she will be spoilt to death!!

Anywho,

If all goes well I will have her on loan for a couple of years, can anyone give me some idea of loan agreements and what they involve etc, I have never loaned a horse before or had one on loan and just would like some advice on how it all works??
crazy.gif

She has said that she doesnt want her hunted which is fine as I would never hunt a horse that expensive anyway and she not mine so, and also to have lesson with an instructor, who is my instructor anyway as she was the one who suggested the loan, but what else should I consider? i.e vet bills, insurance etc???

Thanks Steph x

steph21

Visit site
ye I did think of that but im just not having fun with abbey and think at least I can have fun on this one even if it is only for a few years, plus I would never be able to afford a horse like this in a milion years, so would be nice to experience somthing different.

shadowboy

Visit site
I have a copy of a loan agreement drawn up by a solicitor you can use an tailor to your needs. If you want it PM me with an email address.

Natassia

Visit site
I have a loan agreement that I can pm to you, its quite simple and states the obvious things like "the Loaner is responsible for shelter, feed, insurance etc etc" and what to do in the enent of termination, but then also things that are specific to the horse eg. "the Loaner understands that the horse is not 100% safe in traffic". There is a short profile of the horse at the top as well as names and addresses of his owner and me, the Loaner. It is signed and dated by both of us at the end. I also have a list of everything that he came with.

With my loan I pay for everything, and I pay insurance for vets fees and tack through his owner, its in her name and we have a standing order. I have my own liability insurance.

Good luck with you loan it sounds like a really exciting prospect!

Nxx