Loaning and vets bills

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Would you be happy if you loaned out a horse, maybe you couldn't bare to part with it etc; the loaner insures it because for some reason you are unable to contribute financially; something happens and the horse is lost?
Not only have you lost any monetary value of your horse but the person that could have caused the loss goes and pockets the money for it.
As I said before; if they deducted their premiums paid and gave the reminder to the owner it would go some way towards recompense for the loss of the horse it wouldn't be so bad but to solely benefit from their loss is very underhand IMO.

We lost a pony who we had on loan. I was insuring her and the insurers (eventually) paid out for her death. I paid this on to her owner.

rowan666

Visit site
When I've loaned out mine (never again!) The loaners paid for all vet bills except for any long standing treatment such as cushings, arthritis etc.
3 months notice period is way too long IMO unless maybe livery is particularly hard to come by in owners area so extra time is needed to find somewhere should horse be sent back? i have my own place so always said they can come back anytime with just an hours notice to ensure someone would be at the yard to unlock the gates