Loaning - are people having a laugh?!?

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Pony is on Horsemart and NFED, had a great response from NFED especially. Got a couple of potentials that I really like but going to take my time making my mind up. What I don't understand is why people get so frantic.....if they leave me a v/mail and I don't get back to them within the hour they leave more messages (usually quite rude telling me I'm impossible to get hold of!!), email me, then text several times too!!! Why on earth do they think I would want to loan them my pony if they leave rude message?!

And also jst received this text (I HATE it when people text, doesn't anyone talk on the phone now????)....."lukin 4 a pony 2 do PC wit, must move 2 my yard owner must pay upkeep, good opp for ur pony, ring me". LMFAO!!!! If I wanted to pay the upkeep I'd keep the pony here as a field ornament! Are people having a laugh? I thought that was the rudest most arrogant message to send someone!
mad.gif

Right, rant over now sorry!
blush.gif

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
That's amazing - I suppose if you don't ask - you don't get - but there are nicer ways of asking.

Actually, does anyone have a six bedroomed, ten stabled house that I can live in. Owner to pay all bills but it's a good opportunity to have me living in your house!!!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
That's amazing - I suppose if you don't ask - you don't get - but there are nicer ways of asking.

Actually, does anyone have a six bedroomed, ten stabled house that I can live in. Owner to pay all bilss but it's a good opportunity to have me living in your house!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL Nuala! That's exactly how it seemed!
grin.gif

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
And that's what I would expect! He has an insurance exclusion and I would expect to pay for anything related to that, but everything else I expect the loaner to pay for. Including upkeep! There are plenty of good kids out there who want to do PC whose parents will pay for the horse, I don't need some spoilt kid who wants me to pay for the privilege!

SpruceRI

Visit site
Reminds me of the time I was selling and someone rang me and asked if I would loan said pony to her. Said no, I was looking to sell, she said why not loan?
I was taken aback! Selling means you get paid usually???

Tia

Visit site
CC I know exactly where you are coming from. I had a rehab horse which I was selling a couple of years ago, you may remember her, she was a black mare scared of everything. Well I got her to a certain level and then advertised her for less than meat money. OMG some of the losers that emailed and phoned me were off their heads. Actually they sound like the same people contacting you LOL!!

Best of luck - the right person WILL come along, they always do. They just have to find you first.
smile.gif

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I just wonder what planet some people live on. The kid has text me back to say some people don't have time but have the money....I just said surely if that was the case I would advertsie for a rider, plus there are loads of PC kids out there whose parents will actually pay for a pony!

I've seen one lot today I really liked, have a HHOer coming on wed, also have a lovely sounding hunting family coming saturday (they all hunt, 11yo son has outgrown his 13.2hh and they need a 14.2hh. He wants to PC in summer, hunt every sat in winter. Rhyn would LOVE that
grin.gif
). Have also seem some people who want something for nothing, or who think they can lie and not get found out!
crazy.gif

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
OOps- no more texting for me! LOL. *Im a complete textaholic*

Although rather worrying how someone who wants to loan a horse would come to the conclusion that the owner stills pays for everything?! Perhaps it was some young kid?

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
LOL! You had already PMd me and called though! Texting after is fine, just don't like it initially. Oh, your text finally came through in the middle of the night!

Well the kid text me back and told me not to get in a "tizzle" and she was saying goodbye now blah blah....kids!
smirk.gif

Cobland

Visit site
Works both ways, advertised for a horse on loan before i got mine, a woman called from 200 miles away!!! The advert said a heavy cob and she called up saying she had a 3 year old thoroughbred that i would love, with another lady she was 50 miles away, arrived on the day to collect the horse and she said she changed her mind

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Oh dear! Must admit I haven't replied to any wanted ads as they all insist "must be absolute saint" and although he's not especially naughty now, he's still a normal pony who has tantrums!

My ad says something like not novice ride, teenager/small adults only and I've lost count of the number of calls I've had asking if they could use him to teach their 7 yo to ride on the lead rein!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know what goes through their minds, I had all the same stupid offers as you when advertising my potential FEI pony two years ago. You will also get them ringing at between 2am and 6am, and wondering why you tell them to go forth!!!!!
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a phone call at 11pm one night last week and when I suggested it might be a bit late, the girl went all "vicki pollard" on me PMSL!!

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Hmmmmm.

I have a cracking 13.2 here which needs a rider. I was a lurker (didn't join in) round the 'any price' post and don't sell. I tend to loan and then get back. Doesn't suit everyone, but suits me. No money required, but she's too nice to be hammered. I've also got an even better 14 hander about to be outgrown. I'm scared of advertising as you get barrowloads of numpties and some real wierdos- it's the free thing I guess.

Selling is too risky. I know of a pony which has spent all but two years in the same home, and it is mid-teens now. The ad said absolutely a 5* home wanted and so on. I also know who has bought the poor thing. It will be hammered and spend most weekends on a showfield with a simpering brat on it or being schooled in draw reins under the supervision of a woman who knows nothing. They are very plausible people and the seller probably thinks it has the best home in the world. They didn't even get it home before they had an accident with it. Clueless idiots and out-and-out trophy hunters to the end. Makes me very sad.
frown.gif
frown.gif

On the other hand I'd lend Patches anything
smile.gif
smile.gif
and if Nuala wanted a non BSJA thing, she'd be getting a call, too
wink.gif

I have loaned (in) several and taken the highest level of care of all of them. One has cost me fortunes in money and personal heartache and there is no price for her and she is here for ever. And I mean EVER. Our latest inmate was the result of a cheeky e-mail but is due to her owner's lack of time and her less than easy behaviour under saddle. The owner came to see her yesterday and was extremely pleased with what she saw. So, good loaners are out there.

I refuse to answer (in the affirmative) any text or e-mail which smacks of illiteracy as a starting point
blush.gif
blush.gif

oliviacharley

Visit site
I truely sympathise with you CC. My pony is out on loan for the month with view to buy at the end of it. When my pony returned the last loanee people forgot her bridle - it was a friday, which meant either driving back over early morning to collect it or putting another one together as I had people coming to view her the next day mid morning. I now can not get hold of my old loanee people to organise picking up my bridle. My current loanee people are nice but were quite reluctant at signing my agreement. They called me after the weekend after a weeks trial and do want to buy her but due to her melanomas want the price reduced right down...I am only asking for 900 anyhow..so I am quite narked about it. They also complained about the saddle being old and moaned they would have to replace it, so its not really a good deal being in with her....
I am so fed up with loaning, buying etc that I have promised myself I will never do this again....
I had many people call who were really rude and also said I would need to fund her while with them...like you say -what is the point in loaning them then..?
I even had a riding instructor ring me and go on and on about her horse and what she does...I was on the phone for about half an hour trying to just go over the details and it worked out in the end the girl only learnt to ride in december which would have been completely rubbish...
Keep your chin up...have you thought about loaning to a riding school...I know Cullingwood near pagnebourne are looking and they are good too...

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
The only RS I would ever consider would be Talland, have briefly chatted to them about him possibly going there in the future. As for the other one, I'm sure it would be defamatory if I posted what I think of that place and what they do with the ponies between lessons!

Mithras

Visit site
I loaned out twice an outgrown 14.1 years ago and he got sent back after about 6 months each time, too disruptive, not doing it again.

Its the potential loanees you hear moaning that they cant find a suitable horse/pony anywhere. And then you realise they are looking to loan, not buy, and they are looking for a bombroof perfectly schooled all rounder confidence giver, or a potential event horse, or something.

Snowberry

Visit site
I went to view a 13.2 pony to loan for Hattie whilst Louis is on box rest. The pony was ok ish...nothing special but would do for pony club once it had a bit more schooling.

Anyway, we agreed that we would do a BHS loan agreement and the owner came and looked at our yard etc... then she announced that she wanted a £40 weekly fee for the use of the pony!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

We were offering to pay for everything, insurance/livery/competition/food/shoes etc...