Loaning

RVG1995

New User
Visit site
Hi

I have recently gotten back into riding after a bit of a break and I am now thinking about loaning a horse. However I have no idea where to start! I am based in Southampton, Hampshire and looking on Facebook and websites, there doesn’t seem to be much around here so I just wanted some advice of how to go about it all!

Thanks in advance!

starbucker

Visit site
Horse groups on facebook, post an ad (rather than looking at) with photos of you riding ready to provide can help as people may message but not actively advertising with an honest description of your knowledge / abilities almost best to underplay
To avoid wasting time, keep it short but add in your deal breakers / what you would like. I used to have one fairly fixed days limited activities no jumping but was safe as houses to hack so was ideal at that time, a more experience friend rides ad hoc for free on a quirky mare whos owner was unwell which has continued now she is better health and is happy for the horse to be excercised.

E.g. rusty rider looking to get back into it, Ideally 2-3 days a week Adult with own transport, mainly looking to hack out, something 14hh+ and fairly sane. nothing that bolts or too quirky, happy to do chores and provide small financial contribution etc. '

No point looking at a spicy tb if you're more suited to a kick along (older) confidence giver or accepting the first one you look at if its not a good fit, also use any horsey connections / ask your instructor if they know anyone

Last edited: