Local show with baby horse

zoon

Visit site
Next Sunday I am off to a little local show with my 4 year old. It'll be his 1st show except for inhand ones as a 2 year old. He was backed in January and then turned away and has been back in work since mid April.

I plan to have a wander around in hand and just enter on the day if he seems up to it - there are little classes like ring experience and fun ones like handsome gelding - so will enter those which are both inhand classes.

My question is - can I get away with wearing beige jodhpurs rather than trousers? I have navy inhand trousers from when I showed my other baby horse who has white legs, but the 4yo has entirely black legs. I also have white trousers from doing the futurity, but dont think I should be allowed to wear them ever! Most unflattering! I also only have brown Jod boots (normally worn with gaiters) or black long boots. Or shall I go and find some beige trousers so I dont look like a little kid in jods and jod boots? I will be wearing my tweed and yellow shirt and a tie with it.

I plan to tack up at some point if all is well and have a ride around and maybe enter the "have a go dressage" - its all very low key - local riding club fun show. Possibly will also enter have a go trec to see what he makes of it. Can I get away with tweed and tie for that dressage? Normally I'd wear a stock with my tweed or a navy jacket, but cant be bothered with changing into a million outfits! Have never done something so low key, so not sure how much I can get away with!

Law

Visit site
If it's local, low key and friendly then i can't see why you wouldn't be ok with what you've suggested. If you're not sure i'd ring the secretary and ask them what they think - that way your mind is at rest and you can concentrate on having fun :) You could mention it to the judge if you felt you were really out of place and explain you wanted to give your youngster a great experience without stressing yourself out- they should be understanding :)

zoon

Visit site
at the end of the day that is all it is about, just want to start getting him out and about and know this wont be as busy as their proper show next month. might pop into a few cheap shops and see if I come across a pair of beige trousers as just had a thought - think my beige jods are infact breeches so could only be worn with my long dressage boots which I may struggle to run in! Or maybe will just go with navy trousers and hope I dont blend into his legs too badly!