Location location location

Caol Ila

Visit site
Trying to find one of these bit fitters, and the amount of people I find who don't give a location on their Facebook pages or webpages is sending me 'round the bend. Or the ones who bury it so deeply that you have to bring out your inner stalker. When I was horse hunting, or livery yard hunting, I'd run into the same problem. Why on earth don't people make their location the most obvious thing on any promotional website or ad. If you are in Cornwall, you can be the Messiah, God's gift to horses, but that's doesn't matter to people who live in Scotland. Or vice versa. Don't know about you guys, but location is the first thing I look for. If they're a million miles away, nothing else matters.

mini_b

Visit site
Is it so they can bog off if “sh*t hits the fan”

that’s so cynical but often why people have a different trading name/location.

I also couldn’t find an actual bit fitter but after loads of trial and error via the bit bank came to a solution.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
A lady came to our yard last year…charged around £75 for each consultation and everyone was told to change to the same bit! Some were competing some happy hackers..kids ponies horses….hummm
Ring the bit bank (based Yorkshire) and chat to them..hire bits to try first..I select bits with their help.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Trying to find one of these bit fitters, and the amount of people I find who don't give a location on their Facebook pages or webpages is sending me 'round the bend. Or the ones who bury it so deeply that you have to bring out your inner stalker. When I was horse hunting, or livery yard hunting, I'd run into the same problem. Why on earth don't people make their location the most obvious thing on any promotional website or ad. If you are in Cornwall, you can be the Messiah, God's gift to horses, but that's doesn't matter to people who live in Scotland. Or vice versa. Don't know about you guys, but location is the first thing I look for. If they're a million miles away, nothing else matters.

And yet I list the area I cover on FB, my website, the website of the main company I fit for, and I get calls from all sorts of places, it's such a timewaster. Add into that the number of people who want me to check their *insert random brand, usually changeable headplate* saddle, which I don't do, and explain it clearly everywhere too! And no, sorry, I'm not adding bit fitting when I move up there ;):cool:

Caol Ila

Visit site
And yet I list the area I cover on FB, my website, the website of the main company I fit for, and I get calls from all sorts of places, it's such a timewaster. Add into that the number of people who want me to check their *insert random brand, usually changeable headplate* saddle, which I don't do, and explain it clearly everywhere too! And no, sorry, I'm not adding bit fitting when I move up there ;):cool:

People are also morons and can't read. So there's that.

It will be very useful indeed to have another saddle fitter in Scotland. The existing ones are good but seem waaaay overstretched. Don't think there are enough of them, and there are a lot of horses. I've come across some who will give you an appointment three or four months down the line from when you contact them. What's the point? The horse will have changed shape anyway. And three or four months is a long time to ride in a saddle that's NQR. Maybe this sounds like heresy to a saddle fitter, but it drove me switch to a treeless a few years ago!

atropa

Visit site
Thirding Mary but her second name is actually Wastie, not Hastie.
Had her out last month and she was excellent, three of my friends have now also seen her and been pleased.