Locked Stifle

Visit site
Yup and got the ligament cut. Never affected performance, never affected movement, 5 minute standing sedation op - 3in cut, ligament cut, a few stitches and away you go.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Yep had a horse with this, never affected him and wouldn't bother me if I was buying another as long as price reflected it

TrasaM

Visit site
Yes, friend's cob that I share now aged 6. It's managed by keeping him fit. We had a bad episode in January but we've got him through it and so far so good and not yet resorted to the operation. It's good to hear positive outcomes from the ones who've had the op done as we are saving this as a last resort. So, like the others as long as his price reflects it it can be managed.

mynutmeg

Visit site
My mare had it quite badly at 4, now she's just turned 8 and it's hardly an issue at all.
Biggest thing is management, keep them fit and in work and it usually doesn't cause an issue at all and they often mature out of it

hayley.t

Visit site
Yeah definitely, mine has pretty much grown out of it now (hes 7), it is always worse in winter when hes unfit and goes in the summer when hes muscled up but it has gradually got better each year and this winter I think it only happened once or twice. Is it a heavy-ish horse?

sue12345

Visit site
How does this look and feel? Some one asked me if my cob has a locking stifle. Some times when ridden he does a funny stiff legged walk thing for a few strides, is that it?