Loheky Helios de Bornival and Magic Bum Update!

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
For those that haven't read the Helios and Magic Bum threads before, a quick catch up for you... Helios is my 24yo retired Show Jumper, he hadn't been ridden since the end of 2005 and he was invited to parade at the WEC parade this coming Saturday, so I asked Magic Bum if he would ride him for me, so first of all I started taking Helios down to Magic Bum's two to three times a week and after a few weeks, I left him down there so he could be exercised daily... I have been doing the occassional thread to keep everyone up to date on how they have been getting on!

So, todays update and sadly most likely the last, as the parade is on Saturday!

Helios has been having his working holiday with Magic Bum and has been thoroughly enjoying being pampered at Aderro DC, with his large luxury stable, own woodchip turn out paddock and a wash box with HOT water for those pesky stable stains!! He has been schooling on the flat mainly (as he is an old man now) and Magic Bum has been teaching the old Show Jumper some new Dressage moves...
smirk.gif
Anyway, Magic Bum decided to take Teddy jumpies today for a change of scenary, so we boxed up Helios to tag along for the ride and so he could enjoy a whizz round a course of fences
grin.gif
Helios thoroughly enjoyed himself...

Summerhouse036.jpg

Summerhouse028.jpg

I had a great time watching him jumping, he loves it soooo much!! But I was also tinged with abit of sadness knowing that this will probably be the very last time he jumps, as he will go back to a life of retirement and stud duties after the parade on Saturday... I hope Magic Bum has enjoyed riding Helios as much as I have enjoyed watching him over the past couple of months... I know Helios has enjoyed himself!!! Thankies to Magic Bum for all his time he has put into getting Helios ready for the parade this Saturday, it is much appreciated
smile.gif

I will post the rest of the piccys in the PG in a mo!!

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
No I don't think he does want to retire
frown.gif
he thoroughly enjoyed himself yesterday... but he's not getting any younger
frown.gif
and he does no longer need to prove himself to anyone, he has achieve so much and I do tend to wrap him in cotton wool
blush.gif
because I love him soo much, I want him to live for along time yet (I only lost his dad last year at 28yos) but perhaps Magic Bum can come and visit him occasssionally and take him for a gentle hack... he loves hacking!
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
I completely agree, I don't think he looks like he would like to retire either!!! He seems to be having such a fantastic time playing out, and he looks as though he has muscled up from the last pictures you posted if my memory is serving me correctly (which it often does not)
grin.gif

Is there no one around your area who would like to have a play on him maybe just twice a week? I always think keeping active keeps 'em young, both people and animals
smile.gif

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
Thankies
smile.gif
He does enjoy his work
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
and he looks as though he has muscled up from the last pictures you posted if my memory is serving me correctly (which it often does not)
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he has, Mat was saying the same yesterday that he is muscling up well and changing shape and he even has some new Dressage moves
wink.gif
just goes to show you never too old to learn new things
smile.gif

appyjude

Visit site
He looks fab, and I bet you did a LOT less walking, hauling and freezing than you did the previous morning!!!!
smirk.gif
wink.gif

Fahrenheit

www.ipcmedia.com
[ QUOTE ]
He looks fab, and I bet you did a LOT less walking, hauling and freezing than you did the previous morning!!!!
smirk.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately not... but for different reasons....lol! I had to alter all the fences from the previous session and then I had to alter all the fences when we changed horses... and I had to run round snapping pictures too
grin.gif
wink.gif

I am not sure if its a promotion or a demotion becoming pole girl from being boot girl...
blush.gif
luckily I just enjoy being round the horses
wink.gif

springfallstud

sfs-stud.com
Wow look at him jump, not bad sized fences at all for an old man! He does look very well and very happy, a credit to you all. Have fun at the parade and will look forward to more pic's after that
smile.gif

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
I just love Helios, so talented yet such a fantastically nice horse. Oi Mr Magic Bum you better take excellent care of that horse - he's a special star!
tongue.gif
(Or i'll have to come n kick that magic ass!
wink.gif
) lol
laugh.gif