LOL Ive bought a cob! *pics*

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
well after many things happening, I sold my wonderful show horse, sold my lorry and moved out of my yard. I decided that I wanted something still good enough to show, something that could live out and would fit in a 3.5tn lorry..

today the cobby was vetted and passed, will be collected at the weekend, I love the traditonals and i "hope" he will do well in the show ring... now u must all tell me it would be a sin to clip thoose feathers.. its ok im kidding..

oh AND im now a member of the adults on ponies LOl
what do we all think of my little coblet

cobby4.jpg

cobby3.jpg

Pipkin

Visit site
I`m not normally a fan of traditional but i really like him!!! Very very handsome head.....I think you`ll have lots of fun on him!!
Piccies of the moving in day please :)

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
I like! He looks a lovely type, such a kind face :D

How old is he? :)

He is 10, but more like a 5 year old with what he has done, he pulls up after a good gallop in a big field, and walks back on a long rein... that was a big thing for me! hunting here we come!

spaniel

Visit site
Oh he looks a grand sort.....but Id be itching to get the clippers out on that hair....sorry but I think he would be even smarter hogged and trimmed....shoot me now!

lochpearl

Visit site
What a lovely looking horse - or should I say pony? I also think he will do very well showing, clipped or unclipped. Nice markings too.

Have fun with him and lots of updates please.

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Jhoward -

Did you sell the 18.1hh you were emailing me about? How long did it take?!

New horse looks lovely

yes hun, he went off up to yorkshire, the lady had had hip and back problems and needed somethig safe to hack, but also something to play with dressage wise. hes on a private estate.. it was a very happy ending for him.
No didnt take long, he went out on trial to one person but it didnt work out, and other lady had already been to see him. I guess he was sold within a week of low level advertising.

Last edited:

cobgirlie

Visit site
Gorgeous!!! You'll have loads of fun, my chunky monkey LOVES hunting and always surprises people with his bounce and full of fun nature!!! And don't you dare touch those feathers!!!!:mad:

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Oh he looks a grand sort.....but Id be itching to get the clippers out on that hair....sorry but I think he would be even smarter hogged and trimmed....shoot me now!

He is cracking. I bet you'll have loads of fun with him. In case you are tempted to get rid of his hairiness, just wait until you have trotted him out in your local area. I can be riding a superb warmblood, but whoever is on His Hairiness is treated like a celebrity with folk stopping him and taking photo's. Flying feathers are a sight to behold. Try it, your new boy is very handsome.

Half-Halt

Visit site
id squish it!:D

Hehe. Sorry to divert your thread of your new boy but as a wild stab in the dark, i don't suppose you know of a girl in ottery st mary that has a 14.2 grey connie called Mistle? Just trying to track her down to see if she's still there but the numbers been deleted from correspondance i had so i've taken to asking randomers i'm afraid :eek: I'd imagine they competed quite a lot so hoping somebody knows something!

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Hehe. Sorry to divert your thread of your new boy but as a wild stab in the dark, i don't suppose you know of a girl in ottery st mary that has a 14.2 grey connie called Mistle? Just trying to track her down to see if she's still there but the numbers been deleted from correspondance i had so i've taken to asking randomers i'm afraid :eek: I'd imagine they competed quite a lot so hoping somebody knows something!

no sorry, could be worth a pm to MiJodsR2BlinkinTite on here as she is that area and knows a lot of the horsie folk.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Nice looking traditional cob - whatever you do don't clip out - wrong shape for a show cob but he is a nice example of the gypsy/traditional type. Now you can join up to CHAPS, BSPA and TGCA and get him out in the ring.

I am planning to hunt Stinky soon, trads can make great hunters if you are not wanting to do really big fences. Stinky is fine up to 3'6 (I'm not).

I love these chaps, and really can say there is not much else I would rather be riding apart from Farra Clydesdale.

cobgirlie

Visit site
He is cracking. I bet you'll have loads of fun with him. In case you are tempted to get rid of his hairiness, just wait until you have trotted him out in your local area. I can be riding a superb warmblood, but whoever is on His Hairiness is treated like a celebrity with folk stopping him and taking photo's. Flying feathers are a sight to behold. Try it, your new boy is very handsome.

Same here last hunt I was at he was surrounded at one point by people admiring his tail and mane!!! Apparently he was the first hairy heavy they'd seen out!! :eek: I was suprised cos my lad love's running so thought more heavy hairies would be there!! Even the huntmaster said how wonderful he was to see gallopping over the fields!

noodle_

Visit site

snapp!

hes lovely though but definately woudl take some clippers to him haha ! :D

hes really fab - good luck with him :)

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
Nice looking traditional cob - whatever you do don't clip out - wrong shape for a show cob but he is a nice example of the gypsy/traditional type. Now you can join up to CHAPS, BSPA and TGCA and get him out in the ring.

I am planning to hunt Stinky soon, trads can make great hunters if you are not wanting to do really big fences. Stinky is fine up to 3'6 (I'm not).

I love these chaps, and really can say there is not much else I would rather be riding apart from Farra Clydesdale.

yep he will need over stamping with both grrr bye bye a bit more money!
he does jump but is very green and to be honest im not the biggest jumper in the world!

theres a ton of ridden pictures here.. not me on him.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bunzster/5128931803/in/photostream/