Lola has a second BD outing!

LiffWee93

Visit site
Not as successful as the first, results wise, but i feel more successful as an outing.. :)

it was the first test i really felt i could *ride* her rather than steer her around in vaguely the right places :D
she was awesome in the warm up and really with me, popped up to the competition arena and settled nicely and i rode round with the aim for softness, throughness and rhythm... i was NOT going to have another sheet saying she was tight through the back or rushed!
Bless her, we nailed our objectives, had a beautiful rhythm the whole time - a little metronome, she was beautifully soft and swingy for her - the swing is a thing we constantly work on as it isnt as natural for her, but she tried :)
i fluffed a trot-canter transition and let her run a step or two and one of my 15m circles was not ace, but otherwise, pleased as punch!
I knew i could have kicked her *up* a little more, but probably at the sacrifice of the softness at this stage, so i opted for going a little deep to keep the softness and therefore rhythm.... so was disappointed to score 62.95, with no comments other than the poll must be the highest point, which i get, but not a single comment on anything good... so understandably, marks took a hammering for her being deep (although by this i mean poll low, not massively overbent!)... shame, but so pleased as can always ride her up and out now the softness is getting there and the tension seems to be a thing of the past :)
positive outing i think, considering ive been ill and had a swollen ankle unable to walk all week :D
no pics as was in a huge rush in the morning as had too emergency plait a wild new forest pony mane :p

CAH7

Visit site
Great report, thanks for sharing :). Sounds like a really positive first outing :), well done! We've just started BD too, with similar results to you, so onwards and upwards! Looking forward to reading more about your progress....oops, misread - really positive second outing!!

LiffWee93

Visit site
Thankyou so much! Its such a mine field knowing what the judges want to see! I am just aiming for softness and rhythm with her ATM and she's not a typical dressage type so she's never going to be a world beater :D please keep me posted on yours!!
:) Lola is going to have a bit of time training and another couple of prelims this year on our teamquest membership before fully registering next year :)