Long boots for fat legs

mums the groom

Visit site
Hi Guys

Im looking for a pair of long boots for short people with fat legs. I have been wearing Mountain Horse boots for years as they fitted but the last pair of rimfrost only lasted 4 months before they split at the side where the sole is glued to the leather (What happended to stitching?). So im now looking for a new pair of boots I don't mind paying for quality I do mind paying premium prices for boots that are not good quality, why pay for Channel to get Primark.
Can anyone suggest any boots Please bear in mind that most country boots I cant get over my big fat legs

LHIS

Visit site
I too have short legs and am chunky of calf :D I had a pair of Dubarry Galway boots that fitted (just) round my chunky calves. I also have a pair of Derby House long boots that also just fit.
Sadly I have never been able to find a pair of posh riding boots that I can get on, so will follow your thread with interest.

mums the groom

Visit site
just looking at the fuller fillies website, they look like they do boots including posh one for us short fat legged people, but don't know what the quality/ durability would be like for them

LHIS

Visit site
I've never looked there to be honest, I don't feel like I should have to buy from plus size websites, because I'm not! I just have unfortunate legs. :(

Deltic Blue

Visit site
I've got Mountain Horse long boots, probably the same as your current ones. I've had them for years, and they are looking a bit worn now, but I only school in them, and clean them up properly if I go out anywhere.

Deltaflyer

Visit site
Surely of they have failed after only four months they should refund or replace.

As for leather riding boots I eventually found Ariat did a range that accounted for the shoter rider with muscles on their calves - I'm 5ft and after doing a lot of running at school have been left with rather muscly calves. I was actually surprised that I could get Ariats to fit as I always thought they only wanted to attract the long legged elegant people of the horse world LOL

mums the groom

Visit site
Have emailed Mountain Horse, they say to return to shop where bought as have 12 month warranty with Receipt ...... cos I've kept a receipt from 4 months ago not and a cash sale as well :eek:( need to speak to Robinsons Equestrian :eek:(

Whizza

Visit site
I'm short with chunky legs. I have the Dublin river boots. Very comfy, I can be on my feet all day in them. And not to bad a price either.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I'm had a problem with a pair of mountain horse boots once but they were replaced without any fuss and I've been happy with pairs I've bought since.

If you're happy with something a bit more relaxed (country boots that are good for riding) then take a look at Kanyon. They're very adjustable and I find them very comfortable.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
It depends on how fat your legs are. A lot of the suggestion here fit chubby legs but for real tree trunks like mine and short to boot you can not beat fuller fillies.

View

Visit site
I was pleasantly surprised to find that Ariat short medium fits my short stumpy lets (15 1/2 inch calves). Before they came down to this, I was in Tuffa Norfolk wides, which at that time was their widest fitting boot (they do two others now, Broadland and Breckland which are even wider). In terms of quality, my Tuffa Norfolks are two and a half years old, have been cleaned less than a dozen times (but come up well when they are), and were comfortable from day 1. They have never leaked, and show no signs of it (but when I do clean them, I do use the Nikwax proofer).

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
are the rimfrost boots leather? i didnt think they were .... ive had my mountain horse high rider boots for 6 years, use them daily for riding and they still look good. i also have bigger calves and these boots come in different widths and lengths. i would buy another pair if these wore out as they are so comfortable, but i think they will last another couple of years.......

mums the groom

Visit site
are the rimfrost boots leather? i didnt think they were .... ive had my mountain horse high rider boots for 6 years, use them daily for riding and they still look good. i also have bigger calves and these boots come in different widths and lengths. i would buy another pair if these wore out as they are so comfortable, but i think they will last another couple of years.......

My last boots were high riders lasted 20 years but when didn't have enough saved when bought rimfrost, thought they'd last a couple of years so I had the time to save up the £200+ that they cost now. ( please no more vet bills mummy needs a new pair of boots)

Equi

Visit site
I have fuller fillies ones but they are the pleather. I had the leather ones and sold them as they felt too short, but I didn't realize when I ordered the bigger ones they were the fake leather and they are not as comfortable by far - they are not nice to walk in even. I may get some leather ones again.

Mongoose11

Visit site
Mountain horse high rider in a wide calf. The rim frost are generally crap but their leather long boots have always lasted me a few years.

Abby-Lou

Visit site
Have to had a look at the equitectors? I've had mine years, although I tend to only use them for comps and hunting, but they've lasted well.

http://www.equitector.com/longriding.cfm

I second these mine have lasted years light as a feather and fit my umpa-lumpa legs ! They also do new zips n resoling so you can keep them going a few more years mine lasted a fair few years think at least plus 6 years riding each day

meesha

Visit site
Another vote for mountain horse high rider must have had mine for around seven years now and they are still going strong. Have to admit was shcoked at the price when I looked recently but they are worth it.