Long boots

Cob Life

Visit site
I’m looking to get some new leather long boots, however have fairly wide calves (boots need to be minimum 39cm), if they were under £200 that’s preferable but £230 is my absolute maximum.

Previously had treadstep donatello and I’m not a huge fan of them.

Loubidy

Visit site
I also have 39cm calves (for reference foot is a UK5 as I know that affects width) and have had ariat bromont h2o non insulated in a full calf (took a few wears to stretch but once dropped had plenty space for winter jodhs) and a pair of de Niro made to measure both have been very good fits.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I don’t know how wide wide is but after surgery I bought a pair of premier equine leather boots in wide they are too wide for me but they have been great boots really good value they are scruffy now but they have had loads of hard use .

Annagain

Visit site
I've just bought some Shires Moretta Gianna boots and I really like them. They were only £84 from GS Equestrian too. Ok the leather isn't going to be the same quality as a £300 pair but it's decent especially for the price, I think they're a bargain. They come in 5(?) widths. I got the extra wide as I've had zips burst on two pairs (my competition ones and my everyday ones) recently so thought maybe I'd be better off getting them a bit wider to put less pressure on the zips. They are a bit loose on me (my calf measures 40cm but my Toggi boots which supposedly go to 38cm are nicely snug but not tight) but still comfortable. The wide would probably have done but might have been snug.

Shires do several different boots - none of them are more than about £150 and they all look lovely. They don't all go up to extra wide but they do all go up to wide and that sounds like it might be enough for you.

Moretta | Shires Equestrian

peanutsmumma

Visit site
I had the Tuffa Broadland Boots....so comfy too!

I am actually selling mine because I have lost weight and they are now too big for me.

The calf is about 17"

Attachments

• PXL_20221115_190847093_copy_1228x1632.jpg
    PXL_20221115_190847093_copy_1228x1632.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 11

Cob Life

Visit site
I've just bought some Shires Moretta Gianna boots and I really like them. They were only £84 from GS Equestrian too. Ok the leather isn't going to be the same quality as a £300 pair but it's decent especially for the price, I think they're a bargain. They come in 5(?) widths. I got the extra wide as I've had zips burst on two pairs (my competition ones and my everyday ones) recently so thought maybe I'd be better off getting them a bit wider to put less pressure on the zips. They are a bit loose on me (my calf measures 40cm but my Toggi boots which supposedly go to 38cm are nicely snug but not tight) but still comfortable. The wide would probably have done but might have been snug.

Shires do several different boots - none of them are more than about £150 and they all look lovely. They don't all go up to extra wide but they do all go up to wide and that sounds like it might be enough for you.

Moretta | Shires Equestrian
I’ve ordered the shires Moretta Maddelena and the Moretta Albina, hopefully they fit

peanutsmumma

Visit site
That’s the issue I’ve got, I got ill and lost a stone and a half in a week, now nothing fits!

Oh blimey. Hope you are ok now.

I've lost 5st since march so my clothes and boots are hanging off me ...I'm trying to replace them all gradually.
Also needed a new body protector as my old (6mths old) was way to big in the end!

Fire sign

Visit site
I’ve ordered the shires Moretta Maddelena and the Moretta Albina, hopefully they fit

i am also having a problem buying boots as it seems my legs are just too short !

I wore the Shire Norfolk boots for years but they are now discontinued and I just cannot find anything to fit me and I am 5ft 4 .. not exactly tiny

I visited Equiport this afternoon and they had only one pair of boots in the entire store in a shorter length and these were not all that comfortable

Shires say the Moretta Gianna will have short leg versions but not until February

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY OTHER BRANDS ?

tda

Visit site
I also had some regent long leather boots (for showing and riding, not for yard work) and they fit my legs perfectly, all the more modern types have been way too long in the legs.

Kunoichi73

Visit site
I'm 4'11" and the boots that fitted me best in the shop were DeNiro extra short leg length, small calf width and size 4 feet. I haven't bought them yet, but will be treating myself to a pair soon.

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
I'm 4'11" and the boots that fitted me best in the shop were DeNiro extra short leg length, small calf width and size 4 feet. I haven't bought them yet, but will be treating myself to a pair soon.
I would love teeny feet, I am only a 6 but I would get kids trainers ? x

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
i am also having a problem buying boots as it seems my legs are just too short !

I wore the Shire Norfolk boots for years but they are now discontinued and I just cannot find anything to fit me and I am 5ft 4 .. not exactly tiny

I visited Equiport this afternoon and they had only one pair of boots in the entire store in a shorter length and these were not all that comfortable

Shires say the Moretta Gianna will have short leg versions but not until February

Tuffa! They arent long! I will put them on and show you tomorrow. Ill do and off and on pic. I was surprised with them. I have an older pair of mountain horse, short in height long boots! They are 20 years old and still great

mini_b

Visit site

5’4” isn’t miniscule. Can you not get ariat? They do a mix of lengths and widths.