Long distance horse transporter recs please!

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Will be moving Rosie pony from Surrey allllllllllll the way up t'north to North Yorkshire later on this year. I hope I will have my trailer test done by then but have zero interest in doing that journey myself!

Any recommendations for a good, kind, professional horse transporter that does that journey? Any ideas on price?

Also what can I do before/after to help Rosie recover from such a long journey (she came over from Ireland and is a great traveller, but I am a classic overbearing worried pony mother, I'm sure there are horses that do that kind of journey, unload and do a comp haha).

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Eric Gillies, v happy to recco. They've done a few for me in recent years and another one soon.
You are quite close to one of their overnight lairage places, usually a pick up round here is often a Tuesday if trips work out :)
Non stop for me is about 4 hours before back roads or traffic to Yorks, drop them an email and you'll get an estimate, just need postcode or town.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Try Gillies, they are based in yorkshire and come up and down all the time with race horses and all.
Poor chubby bog pony Rosie will look a bit out of place next to all the sleek handsome tb's ;)

Eric Gillies, v happy to recco. They've done a few for me in recent years and another one soon.
You are quite close to one of their overnight lairage places, usually a pick up round here is often a Tuesday if trips work out :)
Non stop for me is about 4 hours before back roads or traffic to Yorks, drop them an email and you'll get an estimate, just need postcode or town.
Excellent!

I have sent a message to Gillies - thanks all!

conniegirl

Visit site
Heath horse transport took Lenny to wales for me, given he is a very bad traveller he came off the other end remarkably well.

EnduroRider

Visit site
Hi have used and would recommend both Gillies and Acehorse Transport.

Gillies brought an Arab down from Scotland to Cheshire for me, and Acehorse moved us when relocating from Bucks to Cheshire (plus also fetching my mare and foal up from Dorset too).