Long Lasting Dog Tags

TGM

Visit site
Any recommendations? Last tag deformed, became illegible and eventually fell off! So looking for a good quality tag that will last.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I’m sick of my little bone shaped tags snapping at the bit wher you put a ring through to fix it the collar’s d-ring. I want the ones that slide on but I don’t think they’d fit over the plastic buckle of the collar. I’ve seen these ones that might go but I doubt they’re very robust.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dog-Tags...hash=item2f1d499c2c:m:mdwaHN_V-IOLBMIWQ1Z-9zg

Flat plates:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pet-Tag-...hash=item3ada84537e:m:mf0Uxr5MlSbKqrpcsBVFB6g

Reactions: TGM

blackcob

🖖
Visit site

{97702}

Visit site
I've just got 4 brass looking circular discs that I ordered from the vets - they have lasted years as they are swapped from one dog to another! They are still clearly legible, and if they can survive Mad Millie Lurcher rampaging through the undergrowth they can survive anything :D

Chiffy

Visit site
Indigo collar tags are brilliant if you have the right type of collar. They look like new for simply forever. If not, you need brass tags with reinforced holes and deep engraving.
I use engravingstudios.co.uk efficient service and long lasting tags, mine get a hard life with lots of dips in the sea but stay legible for the life of the dog.

TGM

Visit site
Thank you all, I'll investigate the flat plate ones, but not sure how well it will work for us as I have a whippet so have a wide martingale collar.

The tags with the reinforced hole look good though and the ring looks like it is decent quality too.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i have used indigo tags for years and they are really good. my collie cross swims alot and the tags are as good as new. ,y lurcher used to go off hunting and always lost her hanging tag so i changed to indigo to stop the problem.

Dobiegirl

Visit site

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
Thanks to this post I have just ordered an indigo tag and a 10 year tag for my shepherd puppy. One for her house collar and one for her working collar.