Long leather riding boots: zip-ups or not??

SpruceRI

Visit site
Once again, the zips have gone on my long leather boots (which I only wear for competing).

The zips always go long before the boots fall apart.

So how easy is it, to get on and off, long boots without zips/laces/whatever, these days?

I just remember years ago, helping a friend get out of her long boots which involved one person holding her, another person grabbing her leg under their armpit and us pulling her in all directions!

Sod that!

So, can anyone recommend any boots that are easy to get on and off and are cheap-ish!

Or maybe, recommend a zip-replacer? Someone you've actually had a good service from and have got the boots back quickly from!

Many thanks

Lyle

Visit site
I just replaced my top boots with a new pair because the zips had popped on them several times :mad: I bought the Mountain horse Firenze boots, absolutely awesome! And the best bit, the zip is a nice big 'industrial' type, which is hidden nicely and not bulky, but certainly looks like it will withstand use :p I had a pair of pull on boots, and they were a pain!

ebonyallen

Visit site
I would never go back to pull on, I remember the days of putting talc in them and having boot pulls to try and pull on the dam things and then as you say to get them off was just as bad lol. Do not even know if you can get long boots without the zip, perhaps if you had them made, but then that is not going to be very cheap, so no real help but I always hated the pull on ones, would be interested to see if anyone else knows if you can get them new.

sjmcc

Visit site
id not worn my comp boots for ages got to dressage comp n couldnt get them on :eek: ended up borrowing some kind ladies zip up boots the day after my boots went on ebay and off i was buying a pair of zip up boot even your calfs put on weight :eek: