Long riding boots for wide calves?

ellaandtia

New User
Visit site
Hi All,

I have quite wide calves, and a short leg length, and I cannot for the life of me seem to find any brand that makes/sells boots that are wide enough and the right height for me!

Does anyone know of any good brands/places to get boots suitable for very wide calves?

thank you!

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
I'm really happy with my tredstep donatellos, they were on offer at Hope Valley Saddlery when I bought them about a 18 months ago. They've withstood hacking and schooling 5 times a week while I've had them and didn't take much breaking in.
Before that I had a pair of fuller fillies which were ok but not the best quality. I did sell them on when I lost weight and lost about £5 overall because they have decent resale value (at least locally to me)

A.R.B

Visit site
Try the side saddle boots from Tuffa. As their made for side saddle they are made shorter than a normal boot length. I'm 5ft and always had this problem! The only full length boots that ever worked for me came from Tuffa. They are super comfy and mine get some abuse and are still going :)

AUB

Visit site
De Niro or Cavallo. You can customize the size from their huge standard measurement table without having the boot actually made to measure, so the price is just the standard price.

I’m very happy with my Cavallo Insignis Lux and my Cavallo Polo Novellus.

fabbydo

Visit site
I'm sure there is a new company called the wide boot company. Worth a look but I don't know anyone who has had them.

ivy23

New User
Visit site
The only boots that would fit me are Rhinegold. Good value for money too, I would say. I'm not using them everyday though, so not sure how they would hold up with intense use.

I would love to fit into a pair of Mountain Horse boots, but sadly I just don't.