Look what i got :)

Tinsel

Visit site
What a magnificent horse I a really glad you own him now but I am just wondering how old is he

Equi

Visit site
Just for my own records. Big bear could not be more perfect. He has improved so much in his schooling and is proving to be very smart and responsive (got walk-canter twice today and cantered around a pole course for first time ), is a delight to hack, rides on the buckle in big hay field, will stand for hours to groom and pamper, doesn’t lift his legs when clipping and is just all round a great guy. I can’t quite believe I found him - the odds are so so against it!B3ABB2C4-C515-49FE-97EE-AA02EC2C2D15.jpegC5CE0416-430B-43EE-AAB5-80133EA586EF.jpeg0F0B7C20-8EC4-47E2-BC9B-CA599A3CF79C.jpegF5B28B94-0564-4F8B-A50D-8D36848BDF52.jpeg75550E64-4CC6-42C2-9955-44232D6D5EC6.jpeg

PurBee

Visit site
He’s lovely looking and sounds dreamy to handle….well done for finding a diamond in the rough!
He also poops in 1 place….wow….smart boy!….thats what im really envious about, you dont have to trapse around fields finding hidden poops!
Wishing you both the best of years together…do update on your adventures ?

limestonelil

Visit site
Lovely update and pics Equi, you must be so happy. That last photo in his stable creased me, he looks so smug and totally in control of his universe. In a nice way of course.

Equi

Visit site
Again just for my own records cause why not. Hector is still a dream horse. I have not yet had a single issue. What i have learned over the year and a bit is that he is a perfect gent and i can throw a total beginner on him with full trust...but he won't tolerate a middle of the road type. He is either a happy lead rein pony for a total beginner, or needs an independent rider as he can be a bit clingy to the person on the ground unless you make him go on. He doesn't ever bother to try that with me now (hasn't since early into owning him) but will with anyone else even YO/Instructor until he knows they won't let him do it. Which is a bit of a shame because my friends kid is ok on a riding school horse and rode my old lad perfectly well but i know 100% Hector would take the absolute p*** with her and she would be lucky to get him to move 10ft away from me. Hes way too smart and will suss someone's ability out in seconds.

That being said, he is the type you can tack up after 2 weeks off and have a great ride. We didn't hack for about 4 months due to work/me getting to yard at silly times/noone else hacking* but we went out last week and he was a tad forward (hacking with a hunter pony who was also forward lol) but still perfect..it was more my nerves than his. Second hack with old steady pony was on the buckle. Such a good boy!

*i dont hack alone, too much for me still. will work on it in future. im sure he would be fine this is a me issue.

Recently i kept dreaming about my old beloved Jed. I kept thinking i could just not ever trust the same and honestly im still not there with Hector. I trust him 99% but i have never left the yard yet..and i think that i something that really pushed me into trusting Jed so much more. Hector has never done anything bad or been more forward than Jed ever was (in fact Jed was worse with his head tossing and cantering sideways!) so im not sure why i have a block with it but its something to work on. Maybe this year i will try to push myself out of my comfort zones.

Also: it occurs to me just how much weight he has lost since i got him! Im glad he has, but its left him with a bit of a turkey neck lol he will still forever be a very oversized pony!

hecco.jpghecco1.jpghecco3.jpg