look what i jumped today!

only_me

Visit site
so as i have no events till the 6th, i thought i would work on our accuracy and jumping skinnys, in preparation for novice eventing
wink.gif

actually we have no problem usually as there are flags on, but i thought it would be good to work on it
tongue.gif

plus merlin and i get bored after lots of flatwork
tongue.gif
so we thought we would do something different
tongue.gif

this is a row of 3 single barrels, 1 stride inbetween each, up the centre line of the arena. i also had 2 barrels together to warm up over, and a single barrel to practice before doing the line
laugh.gif

mixedphotosofphonr007.jpg

mixedphotosofphonr005.jpg

have to say it was much more difficult than i thought - the barrels are about 2 foot wide (if that
tongue.gif
) but after a few goes we got it right and merlin jumped them straight
laugh.gif
tommorrow we are going to try 4 barrels in a line with 1 stride in between...

sorry for self indulgent post - i just thought it was very difficult for us as we have only done PN
tongue.gif

KatB

Visit site
Well done
smile.gif
I do this at home with G horse, set up a serpentine of barrels randomly in the arena which gets us practising turning in mid air, and also gets Goddy landing and waiting to be told where to go next
smile.gif
Try 2 barrels stood up next to each other touching as a bigger skinny
smile.gif

only_me

Visit site
i think tommorrow we may do turns with the skinnys on a circle/serpentine, and bigger skinnies at the end of the week
tongue.gif

anything apart from boring flatwork
tongue.gif

anyother ideas for practicing accuracy?

prudunce

Visit site
well if you can jump these,then you are very good at skinnies,well done. Things like this are good for horse&rider, forget about jumping things that are bog-standard with just-so striding all the time,this will teach horse to be careful and jump anything,grt idea&good fun for you&the horse,well done ux

only_me

Visit site
thanks!
laugh.gif

he had fun once he realised what he was meant to be doing
tongue.gif

shall have to think of more ways to use the barrels - all the proper jumps are in the field which looks like a lake
tongue.gif