Look who we met today......

Status
Not open for further replies.

{97702}

Visit site
So today I loaded 2 hounds and 2 terriers into the car and off we went to Haughmond Hill in Shropshire for a Greyhound Trust Shropshire & Borders unofficial walk ?

I may possibly have gone with a view to meeting a few of the dogs who are currently looking for homes ? and I was delighted to meet Casper who walked all round the walk with me and my four ?

6707A6E5-2909-44AE-9DA2-8C9D7D953ABA.jpegF83D36F2-13D4-45E8-9333-A67292BBDE17.jpeg

We had a lovely time despite the mud, the pouring rain and the cold ? and Casper seemed to get on really well with my lot!

sadly at the end of the walk I had my sensible head on though ☹️ Social walks are great fun but they aren’t a ‘usual’ environment for the dogs - I could tell that as Millie and George stopped barking hysterically at every dog we met, it was a miracle ??? - and I realised that I needed to be sure that Casper was OK with the terriers in a more normal situation. So I didn’t bring him home with me today..... I’m going back next weekend to try him again with my dogs in his ‘home’ environment, and if that works out he will be joining my household ?

all fingers and paws are tightly crossed here ????

{97702}

Visit site
He is only 2 years old and apparently he didn’t really fancy racing! He is quite a handful by all accounts and isn’t great with cats, which is why I need to be sure about the terriers - but I loved him as soon as I saw his pictures ?

He was snapped up almost immediately but that home didn’t work out for him so he has come back to rescue.... maybe it is meant to be ?

{97702}

Visit site
He looks lovely. I'm a bit worried about the not cat safe bit vs George, and Colin, and wondering why he was returned, but he passed the first meeting hurdle, fingers crossed he also behaves well at the next meeting.

I do know more about that but I thought it wasn’t really fair to say, particularly I haven’t even adopted him yet, so I’ve stuck to what is publicly available on the rehoming page ?

I am concerned about little George and Colin too.... hence not taking him home today.... I can only hope that he realised that dogs are not at all like cats! To be fair, neither of them move like cats - but you never know

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Everything crossed!

He's gorgeous.

I hope that he goes well with the little ones. The Lil'dog met D1's cat and didn't eat him! Then again, my money might be on the cat in there one, but still, no flying fur. Fingers crossed it goes really really well lass.

misst

Visit site
He is lovely! He looks as if butter wouldn't melt:). Keeping everything crossed for the next meeting. If it is meant to be then it will happen - otherwise the "right" one will turn up anyway. x

seaofdreams

Visit site
Oh he is scrummy, I really hope it goes well for you.
My girl was 18 months old when we got her (7 now) and wasn't and still is very much not cat friendly!
Yet is absolutely fine with small dogs, my mum has JR terriers and no issues at all and at agility we have allsorts and she never looks twice, so I will keep everything crossed for you!

{97702}

Visit site
I have to admit Ace tried to eat George when he arrived, but George told Ace to go away in no uncertain terms and Ace was a sweetie so he accepted being told ? I did try them with a bitch who I was thinking of adopting before I got Colin and she wasn’t nearly as nice, she wouldn’t give up.... but that’s the difference between bitches and dogs for me, dogs are a lot more easy going in my experience ?

Well, hopefully ???

Status
Not open for further replies.