Looking at a cob in Coventry

Lou23

Visit site
I've contacted a man called Tommy about a cob he has for sale and am hoping to go up and look at it on Saturday.

It's quite a way to go for me and wondered if there was anyone else who may have bought any horses from him?

Pm me if preferred

hairycob

Visit site
Be prepared to be told whatever he thinks you want to hear. Take a disinterested friend. He has some nice ones, he has some not so nice ones you need to be able to tell the difference yourself. The only criteria he will use to match you to a horse is do you have the £. All the usual horse buying rules apply.
Mine came from there & I am happy with him but I have heard all the sales patter before (he was also not the one I went to look at - that was crocked). They will all be described as suitable for novice/ anybodies ride but most will be green as grass.

diamonddogs

Visit site
Tommy is really lovely, but remember he's a horse dealer and you won't go far wrong.

I like him a lot - he sold my friend a lovely young lightweight pony cob a couple of years back. He reduced the price substantially because the pony has sweet itch, but careful management has totally got it under control, and she's brought him on slowly and surely and she has the most fabulous pony who can turn a hoof to anything.

I'd recommend him. Take someone with you and a list of questions, and be prepared for a bit of flannel!

pony&cow

Visit site
agree with both comments really.
Nice bloke but at the end of the day he's there to sell the horses. I said I was after a hunter so of course everything there had hunted and could jump hedges as high as your house!
I know 2 people who have bought from him and both have turned out lovely horses. one was green and one was unbroken but both nice types just a warning though... the mare was in foal ; )
Have fun, he has plenty to try and think with your head not your heart.
....says me who has just made a completly heart based purchase!!

Annie0809

Visit site
Any one thinking of buying from Irishcobs aka Tommy Higgins and wants to know what happens if there are issues with your horse after you've parted with the cash please PM me...