looking for a 13.2 fat ploddy hack

jensheff26

Visit site
does anyone know where i can start looking for a fat slow plod for my mum she literally wants to plod around the lanes and pamper it she had a very big confidence knock 10 yrs ago and feels its now time to get back in the saddle it can be 20 yr old plus for what she wants it for she gave me the task of finding her one but no luck anywhere

D

Donkeymad

Why on earth do you want a FAT pony
confused.gif

jensheff26

Visit site
its my mum she likes the thelwell type pony i know there shetlands but she wants a bigger version short fat and chunky

Tickles

Visit site
rosienprince, forgive me if this sounds wrong for your mum - obviously I don't know her but...

For regaining confidence she might be better having a few lessons to start off. She'll either love it (and possibly end up wanting something bigger/more challenging/capable) or decide she has conquered her deamons so to speak and doesn't want to bother. Or just occasionally enjoy hacking out with a few people from the RS yard.

*Any* horse in a new home is likely to be a little unsettled at first, especially wiht an out of practice/nervous handler & rider so even the most ploddy pony might not be the best way of getting back into riding.

Just a thought. Hope she has fun whatever she does!

jensheff26

Visit site
shes not a nervous handler or rider she has been riding my cob but is finding her too big shes has been around horses for yrs so knows her stuff she just dosent want to do anything competetive at all and just enjoys a occasional plod

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
They are out there but are very, very rare because people just don’t sell them. We have one, a Norwegian Fjord for my mum, because even though she has ridden all her life, having an illness has made her a novice rider again.

So don’t give up but it might just take awhile. But I agree with Tickles that a few lessons in the mean time might be a good idea?

jensheff26

Visit site
thanks shes doing great on my cob at the min even tho she has trouble getting on and her legs only just come past the saddle lol she even trotted on her own the other day jobo your mum is so lucky to have got her own my mum has panick attacks when on her own but since shes been back riding she is doing great i wanted to get her one for christmas but as i say i been looking for months and havent had any joy yet

jensheff26

Visit site
anything from 13-14hh if its bigger she wont have it jobo your mum looks so happy cant wait til i find something for my mum