Looking for a kind and EXTREMELY patient instructor in Essex

LizWing

Visit site
Does anyone know of patient and understanding instructor experienced in helping a rider that has utterly lost confidence? I would be a challenge but would so love to conquer my demons and ride my lovely mare. Again.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Sorry I can't help with what you're looking for but just wanted to say I came so close to totally losing my confidence, it's horrible and I can really empathise with you! Took a while to get it back but I did and am happy now. A sympathetic instructor will do wonders, good luck!

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
So sorry to hear you have lost your confidence. Have you tried looking online for help as there are a lot of rider confidence people there. Obviously it's no substitute for an instructor on the ground but I have I found Jane Pike Confident Rider really good online. She has a lot of free stuff online.

LizWing

Visit site
Thank you - I've looked at loads of stuff online but I really need someone who can physically help me. I feel so alone in this!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Jo Mitchell does clinics at Beechwood, which attract (or used to...) some low confidence combinations, and she always seemed very nice and helpful.

MissTyc

Visit site
I wish I could help, but am far far away and also trying to leave the industry. However, I wanted to comment to say there is light at the end of the tunnel! My main bread and butter (and also tea and cake and friendships!) for years were mostly female clients who had lost confidence. I helped people get back on horses they hadn't sat on in YEARS, though more commonly months. Next weekend, I'm teaching a 6-person "fun" Cross Country clinic for former clients who were afraid to walk a circle around their own school. Along the way, we've cried together, laughed together, eaten SO MUCH CAKE! There are instructors out there who thrive on supporting that relationship and really take delight in seeing things come right. One thing I would say, from experience, is that in the end the confidence coaching became my speciality and professional development focussed on that side of things at the expense, perhaps, of other skills. This meant I ALWAYS Encouraged my clients to see other instructors, attend clinics (sometimes they paid me to be there too!) and progress beyond where I personally could take them. The greatest pleasure for me is when a client no longer "needs" me. So I guess what I'm saying is that the personal you're looking for may be psychology -minded, coaching experienced, but maybe not the one who will ultimately "produce" you.

Britestar

Visit site
You could try Amanda Kirkland Page.

Her Facebook page is The Confident Horse Rider. She does clinics of 1-3 days.

She is really good, cannot recommend her enough.

LizWing

Visit site
I wish I could help, but am far far away and also trying to leave the industry. However, I wanted to comment to say there is light at the end of the tunnel! My main bread and butter (and also tea and cake and friendships!) for years were mostly female clients who had lost confidence. I helped people get back on horses they hadn't sat on in YEARS, though more commonly months. Next weekend, I'm teaching a 6-person "fun" Cross Country clinic for former clients who were afraid to walk a circle around their own school. Along the way, we've cried together, laughed together, eaten SO MUCH CAKE! There are instructors out there who thrive on supporting that relationship and really take delight in seeing things come right. One thing I would say, from experience, is that in the end the confidence coaching became my speciality and professional development focussed on that side of things at the expense, perhaps, of other skills. This meant I ALWAYS Encouraged my clients to see other instructors, attend clinics (sometimes they paid me to be there too!) and progress beyond where I personally could take them. The greatest pleasure for me is when a client no longer "needs" me. So I guess what I'm saying is that the personal you're looking for may be psychology -minded, coaching experienced, but maybe not the one who will ultimately "produce" you.

LizWing

Visit site
Thank you for your encouraging reply. Just sitting on my horse would be a great step forward at the moment, I'm not really sure how it got this bad except that I think I suffer from a fear of making a fool of myself - again!

I will keep looking for someone close to home and thank you for making me feel it is possible!

LizWing

Visit site
You could try Amanda Kirkland Page.

Her Facebook page is The Confident Horse Rider. She does clinics of 1-3 days.

She is really good, cannot recommend her enough.

Thank you - I will look at her Facebook page. However, I don't have transport so can't get to clinics.

Littlebear

Visit site
Thank you - can I message you on Facebook or would you prefer another way?

Hi Liz
Is your name the same on Facebook? There is a msg option on this forum if you want to exchange contact details that way, have a look for the envelope at the top right of your page x

The Trooper

Visit site
Thank you - can I message you on Facebook or would you prefer another way?
Hi Liz
Is your name the same on Facebook? There is a msg option on this forum if you want to exchange contact details that way, have a look for the envelope at the top right of your page x

This link should work if you are having difficulty navigating the forum Liz.

Jo C

Visit site
Have a look at E. K. Equine Body Worker and Equestrian Coach on Facebook. Eve is lovely and very patient. Shes based in Hanningfield so not that far from you.

Zibby

Visit site
I can also recommend an amazing trainer near Braintree who has been helping me. PM me if you would like more details.