Looking for a novice ride for share nearish Belfast

ArklePig

Visit site
Hi! I had posted in new riders and owners about how to get ready for a share, and thought I'd post here to see if anyone has anything available. I apologise in advance for the length of my post but I just want to make sure I'm upfront and clear about my experience level!

*wanted*

Looking for a share, 2 or 3 days a week. Ideally within 30 minutes of Belfast.

About Me:

● Adult who has returned to riding over the last 18 months after riding as a child
●Confident novice .
●5 '6 and 72 kg
●I don't have loads of experience but sensible, calm, eager to learn.
● Good with horses on the ground and confident and kind handling them.
● Willing to do any yard duties you may need.
●Don't have tonnes of experience but willing to learn anything that you need in relation to grooming/yard work etc and do things your way.
●Committed and reliable

About the horse:
●A novice ride-safe
●Preferably around 15h but don't mind up to 17h for a nice friendly and sane horse.
●Preferably enjoys a fuss/being groomed/has good ground manners
●Hacks alone and in company.
●Age/gender/colour unimportant.
●Suitable for me to have some lessons on and do some light hacking
● Preferably kept on a yard where I could have a couple of lessons but don't mind if not-am content with just some light hacks or getting a free lance instructor the odd time if facilities allow.

What I don't have in experience I have in willingness and commitment as I am just wanting to spend more time with horses and improve my skills in both riding and providing care. I promise I'll love your horse as if it was my own. Please PM me if you think your horse is suitable, thank you. :)

only_me

Visit site
Just wanted to say that shares are not very common in NI, you might be better off looking for a loan and keep on full livery if that suited better? or even at a riding school?

smolmaus

Visit site
Didn't spot this when you posted! Have you tried some of the NI specific facebook groups?

I'm on
All Things Equine Northern Ireland
Horsey Happenings NI
Horse and Pony Riders Northern Ireland
Horses, Tack and Services, Lisburn and Belfast areas

Some are much more active than others but certainly more NI users than here