Looking for a performance connemara

frazzled

Visit site
Does anyone have any ideas where to look for a performance youngster. It is a project for my daughter to bring on. Looking for a full up 14.2 pref not over height. Backed and ready to bring on. Want something with enough ability to be at least a good PC pony preferably more. Have trawled horse quest etc nothing quite right. Would be happy to go to Ireland but don't know where to start.

Golden_Match_II

www.event-stablebarn.weebly.com
I was looking for the exact same thing about 6 years ago. We asked a friend who regularly went to Ireland to find us one, and he was from the Attyrory Horses. He was a lovely person, full connie and was about 14.2hh when we got him and grew to 15hh, but was quite a fine connie. I got him going up to 90cms ODEs, BS and hunting but he was happiest being a pony club pony going to camp, hunting, rallies and competing at low level. They had lots to show our friend though, but we decided because we were buying unseen we would go for a steadier type. He was very easy to sell on.

kassieg

Visit site
http://www.rtequestrian.com/

This one, don't know where you are though - she doesn't seem to have any at the moment but used to do loads and could probably find one for you

I used to work for Rachel. She has gone more down the eventing root now although she did have 2 nice 6 year olds last time i spoke to her that she needed to sell but not sure if she has advertised or still got them. They hadn't done much as she hasn't the time but they sounded nice id have had 1 if i had a stable free.

I have a lovely 3 year old which is broken & turned away will go to about 15hh though. That said despite them "always being for sale" i don't want to part with her yet as she is such a lovely little mare & i always joke about her being my pony trials pony :D but if i was offered the right money i would consider it :(

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
It's always worth knowing what genetic disorders are in a particular breed. With connies, you need to make sure that the pony you buy doesn't have 'hoof wall separation syndrome' (often abbreviated to HWSS or HWSD).

Smurf's Gran

Visit site
I used to work for Rachel. She has gone more down the eventing root now although she did have 2 nice 6 year olds last time i spoke to her that she needed to sell but not sure if she has advertised or still got them. They hadn't done much as she hasn't the time but they sounded nice id have had 1 if i had a stable free.

I have a lovely 3 year old which is broken & turned away will go to about 15hh though. That said despite them "always being for sale" i don't want to part with her yet as she is such a lovely little mare & i always joke about her being my pony trials pony :D but if i was offered the right money i would consider it :(

Fancy that, quite a coincidence (I wonder if you remember Smurf, he belonged to Katrina, we still have him!!)

Dusty85

Visit site
Have you tried looking on Done deal? plenty of horses on there, and it might give you some direction to a breeder/dealer in that type.

Pony club classifieds?

charlie76

Visit site
Search pangfield farm on Facebook. They have some fabulous competition Connemaras. I teach one and he is spot on.

LCH611

Visit site
Go to the sales at Clifden...... you have unfortunately just missed the May sales, so the next one isn't until August