Looking for a riding school

Firess

New User
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I am hoping that those in the North London / Hertfordshire area could recommend a good riding school for my teenage daughter to attend. One that can genuinely help her with improving her riding skill and horse care in general - not just plonk her on a bored / overworked horse for an hour. You know the ones I mean, where you are told to give the pony a good kicking to keep it going and outside of the hour the staff have no interest in you. Ultimately it's with the idea of getting her a horse of her own so I am looking for a school where she can build relationships with the animals and learn everything she can. I am less concerned about the price and more concerned about the atmosphere and enthusiasm.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks

Steorra

Visit site
You could try South Medburn in Elstree. It's been a few years since I last went back, but they always used to have some schooled horses and ponies that weren't ploddy. They did the odd pony day etc too with horse-care classes for kids.

I've had good experiences at Trent Park in Oakwood. A couple of times I've contacted them for help with exam preparation (just my stage 1 and R&RS, nothing fancy) and they absolutely bent over backwards to help even though I'm not a regular client. However, a friend who booked a standard lesson found it was a bit of a production line on very steady neddies. If you contact them, be clear about what you want!

Contessa is further out of London, but is often highly praised.