Looking for a western saddle

amzy

Visit site
Apart from e-bay, where can I buy an inexpensive western saddle? Anyone know of anywhere online? I am looking for one with full quarter bars for my roundish cob. Thanks.

Tia

Visit site
Full quarter bars are often tricky to find and generally a bit more expensive than semis. There are a number of western tack stores in England but if price is an issue then I would definitely suggest you buy direct from the States as they are much cheaper over here.

Cahill

Visit site
i looked into this and the more i looked the more expensive and complecated it got so it is on the back burner for now(i also have a cob that would need full qhb)i did find this.....
http://www.celticsaddles.fsnet.co.uk/welcome.htm which was quite interesting.
i did once travel about 30miles to a shop that was advertising western and as soon as i saw their stuff (i`m no expert)i new it was rubbish(cardboard leather with pins on the underside) and they said one size fits all!!!!!
so there is a lot of rubbish about,be careful.

perhaps we row over to tia house.lol

wattsy

Visit site
Hi, try www.thewesternshop.com - they have quite a lot of people selling second hand tack. What area are you in? We may know someone who is selling a second hand saddle (easily more than half of the second hand saddles that come up for sale are built on full QH bars although they can still vary hugely in size and shape..)

Tia

Visit site
Must be the huge horses you all use over there for western riding. Full QH bar saddles are like trying to find hens teeth over here. We must have too many quarter horses.....

wattsy

Visit site
our two QH's are so Huuge we had to have saddles made for them! Got so fed up bringing back full saddles from the US only to find they were too tight across the shoulder. Must be all the rain here in the UK!

Shiraz

Visit site
WE bought a circle Y trail saddle from USA, cost £1250 new but think including custom tax and shipping we paid £900 from USA. Only thing is that it's 1" too long for my mare and sits on her loins so we've never used it. PM me if you are interested. Not sure where to advertise it.

ETA its a perfect fit over shoulders/withers on our QH mare whos is massively broad.