Looking for good quality wellies/boots up to £50-£60

lynspop

www.trainingtails.moonfruit.com
I am looking to get a pair of wellies or boots to hopefully get me through the winter- budget of up to £60ish.
I work with horses 4 days a week and spend a lot of time in quite deep mud over the winter (who doesn't!!) so I really need something that can cope with heavy mud and being worn all day, 4 days a week.
Having just gone through 2 cheap pairs of wellies in 4 months, I reckon its time to spend a bit more and hopefully get something that lasts a bit longer.....
Am leaning towards muckboots possibly but have read mixed reviews about them......
Help!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Muckboots!!!! This is third winter in the same pair... woo hoo!!!! :D

p.s. in actual fact... i was so jelly of the other girls welly that I bought myself a pair and have been amazed!

AliceCrail

Visit site
After yet another pair of fairly expensive boots had to be binned, I decided to get cheap ones with the view of having 3 pairs through the winter. I bought a pair of Asda boys plain green wellies last November, they still look like new despite wearing them for pretty much every single day since to muck out.
The downside is they only do them up to a rather small size 6, so can't get very thick socks in them!

bitlessbill

Visit site
I'd go for Muckboots, the Tyne ones that you can ride in. Mine are coming into their third winter now and apart from my Ariats they are the only ones that keep my feet warm and toasty.

neddy man

Visit site
wellies "NORA" only in pale green, they are unlined so your feet don't sweat, light weight and long lasting, local farmers merchant should stock them ====boots "SADDLECRAFT AQUACATS" but only the "jaguar or cheetah" models they are waterproof leather and long lasting but hard to find

TarrSteps

Visit site
I'm not a Muckboot fan - the combo of their weight and the fact they hold in moisture made my feet hurt and my bad ankle absolutely throb.

Last year I got a pair of Crocs and they're brilliant! Very light, comfortable to walk in and while they don't breathe as such, they are drier than many other types I've tried. The only catch is the ankles are quite skinny, which is a bonus for me but might be a problem for some people. There is also a brand of wellies called 'Superlite' made of similar material. Crocs are very reasonable. Superlites are a bit more expensive but if you shop around a bit you can get then below the bottom of your budget.

RainbowDash

Visit site
My Decathlon own brand lined wellies are into their third winter (cost about £20 and really comfy and good thick rubber), my Dunlop long wellies (£10) are coming into their first (had them since spring (no holes soo far plus many comfy miles) - they both handle calf deep quick-mud and miles of walking each week to fetch in/out. They'd lasted an awful lot longer than my winter muckers and the quality are a lot better than expensive wellies where you're only paying for the brand name.

:)