looking for livery up to an hour from London

tobiano1984

Visit site
I live in Kensington, horses are currently 3h away in Suffolk...looking to move one of them nearer me! I'm very close to the A4, so somewhere off the M4/M40 would be ideal. Looking at a few in Surrey but the traffic to get through SW London makes it a bit of a pain I think...Ideally looking for part livery, with group turnout as neither I or the horse are keen on individual turnout!

Looking as far as Reading/Henley - I'd be aiming to go up to 4 x week so happy to travel up to an hour away. Windsor would be ideal, but yards look limited and/or very expensive!

Any experiences/advice?

Northern Hare

Visit site
How about looking around the Chorleywood and Rickmansworth area on the Herts / Bucks border (J18 M25).

When I was first working on London, I had a horse on livery nearby to Chorleywood and easily managed to commute into central London.

Both are accessible on the Metropolitan (Metro) and Chiltern (overground) lines from Baker Street and Marylebone.

The area is very horsey with lots of yards of various levels and offerings, and great hacking, although still very close to the M25 / M40 / M4.

tobiano1984

Visit site
How about looking around the Chorleywood and Rickmansworth area on the Herts / Bucks border (J18 M25).

When I was first working on London, I had a horse on livery nearby to Chorleywood and easily managed to commute into central London.

Both are accessible on the Metropolitan (Metro) and Chiltern (overground) lines from Baker Street and Marylebone.

The area is very horsey with lots of yards of various levels and offerings, and great hacking, although still very close to the M25 / M40 / M4.
Yes happy to look there too! I have a car, so anything from the M4 outwards is easy...

SO1

Visit site
What is your budget for part livery and what size horse.

I expect I might know a yard local to Windsor that would be suitable but depends on what your budget is. I doubt you will be able to find anything under £800 a month.

I live in Kensington, horses are currently 3h away in Suffolk...looking to move one of them nearer me! I'm very close to the A4, so somewhere off the M4/M40 would be ideal. Looking at a few in Surrey but the traffic to get through SW London makes it a bit of a pain I think...Ideally looking for part livery, with group turnout as neither I or the horse are keen on individual turnout!

Looking as far as Reading/Henley - I'd be aiming to go up to 4 x week so happy to travel up to an hour away. Windsor would be ideal, but yards look limited and/or very expensive!

Any experiences/advice?

tobiano1984

Visit site
15hh gelding - I don’t think I could stretch to £800, but looking at ones for around £650 in Surrey area (but would rather be further north).
We don’t need fancy - and definitely want group turnout, a good school, and some hacking. Otherwise not too fussy and more bothered by nice people/ambience 😊

SO1

Visit site
The yard I know about as I was on it until I lost Homey would fulfil your requirements and 10 mins from Windsor but unfortunately will be over budget for you. Lovely people and all year turnout, great standard of care.

Minimum wage has gone up so I expect a lot of yards will be putting up prices.

15hh gelding - I don’t think I could stretch to £800, but looking at ones for around £650 in Surrey area (but would rather be further north).
We don’t need fancy - and definitely want group turnout, a good school, and some hacking. Otherwise not too fussy and more bothered by nice people/ambience 😊

pixie27

Visit site
We’re in a small-ish village just off M4 junction 8/9 - quite a few yards in our area that offer part/full. We have a lot of liveries who live in london and drive out too. Not sure how expensive full is - probably closer to 750..

Maybe look around the Maidenhead area? We’re between Reading and Maidenhead. I also did the A4 to M4 drive west before I left london (commuted Chiswick to Reading outskirts for the horse), and aside from the ongoing roadworks it wasn’t too bad. Just had to pick the right time of day to travel at!

tobiano1984

Visit site
We’re in a small-ish village just off M4 junction 8/9 - quite a few yards in our area that offer part/full. We have a lot of liveries who live in london and drive out too. Not sure how expensive full is - probably closer to 750..

Maybe look around the Maidenhead area? We’re between Reading and Maidenhead. I also did the A4 to M4 drive west before I left london (commuted Chiswick to Reading outskirts for the horse), and aside from the ongoing roadworks it wasn’t too bad. Just had to pick the right time of day to travel at!
Great! Yes luckily I can pick my times to travel to some extent, to avoid rush hour...can you give any yard names I can check out? I've been using Livery List but it seems to be quite limited in that area, and not sure how to find them otherwise.

pixie27

Visit site
Great! Yes luckily I can pick my times to travel to some extent, to avoid rush hour...can you give any yard names I can check out? I've been using Livery List but it seems to be quite limited in that area, and not sure how to find them otherwise.

Just PMd you

Showjumping

New User
Visit site

Hi, please can i ask what you yard is - can you send me a PM? i am looking for somewhere in this area for full livery