Looking for Yard Work - Wymondham or Surrounding Areas

JamieW1

New User
Visit site
Hi all,

My 16 year old daughter is interested in working with horses in the future and is due to go to college to learn more in September.

She would like to get hands-on experience and have the opportunity to help out within a yard part time as a paid role. She is happy to do the small jobs like poo picking etc to gain experience around horses.

My daughter is progressing having had some lessons already which have to given her confidence in riding.

Please let me know if you are looking for some help as above or may know someone who is - ideally in the Wymondham/surrounding areas of Norfolk.

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Hi Jamie, welcome to the forum.
Don't want to sound unfriendly but this is one of those questions that's far better sorted in-person/locally. If I was looking for a youngster to work here (I'm not in your area, sorry) I'd want to have met her or spoken to someone who has. 16 year olds vary so much in how mature they are!
Could she (SHE not you) talk to the local vet, farrier, feed rep etc etc and put the word out?
The other thing that comes to mind is that charities are used to dealing with volunteers and seem to be always needing more. Do you have any reputable charities in your area? Volunteering is a step in the right direction, getting a paid role is difficult without experience, there are so many youngsters who will do it for nothing.
Good luck!😁

Edited to add, why doesn't your daughter join the forum herself. there are a lot of people here who work with horses.

Last edited:

JamieW1

New User
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your reply and ideas.

Sadly WHW will not allow volunteering until she is 18.

She has done some voluntary work at a stables and is due to do more as part of her college course. We have been to a number of yards and have asked/left details for volunteer/paid roles without joy.

I like your idea re speaking with farriers etc to see if they may have contacts.

Will see if she fancies joining the forum herself.