Looking to adopt a puppy...

Princess Jess

Visit site
We very sadly lost our beloved old girl a couple of weeks ago..my mum has never been without a dog before so has decided she'd like to rehome a one. I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for where to look (we've done the usual internet search but not much luck) or knew of anything needing a new home?
Ideally looking for something under a year old, and we're based in Northamptonshire but willing to travel.
Very experienced owners, used to big dogs with our two most recent having been a Leonberger and a German Shepard.

All suggestions gratefully received!

noodle_

Visit site
shocked? im not even shocked now its unreal......

my friend had just rehomed a staff from a rescue centre and she popped out 8 pups a few weeks later....!!! he didnt know she was pregnant

i have told him to please go through a rescue to rehome the pups - not just give them to the people say i will have one etc......which sadly has been the case for 2 :/

Jools2345

Visit site
someone on essexhorseriders is looking to home a GSD, a mastiff cross and two boxers (michelle low) i know nothing about the person or the dogs other than the post states the owner is in hospital and desperate for homes for the dogs

ladyt25

Visit site
Try your local rescues - I would do this before going on internet sites like preloved as at least your going to get more of an idea of the dog's personality etc. I got mine from the Dogs Trust and she was 9mths old at the time. There are plenty of dogs in rescues around that age as it's around that age that people realise that they are hard work and get destructive! lol

Princess Jess

Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions, a friend of a friend had an 8 week springer puppy that needed a home and we're going to collect him on Saturday! So very excited, and thanks for all the recommendations.