Looking to rescue a dog

BuzzyBea

Visit site
Without wanting to wallow too much I lost the oldest of my cocker spaniels recently

It was totally heartbreaking as I'm sure you can imagine.

We do of course still have my beautiful boy here with us (7 year old neteured boy) but he is really struggling having always had company. The rest of the family are finding it very hard too as Flynn is very much my boy and sticks to me like glue, so if I'm home no one else gets a look in on any doggy love.

As a family we have decided to look for a rescue dog to join our family but are finding it hard to get one that we all like the look of, or else if we do we take Flynn to meet them and it doesn't work out! Some have gone to bite him , others have just barked and barked. He is such a placid boy that he simply stands there looking confused!!

Thought it might be worth asking on here if anyone has a dog/***** that they want to rehome or know of one possibly. Don't have specific requests but rule of thumb would be:

Medium size (fancy a change from a cocker, also happy for cross breed as both our pedigrees have health issues)
Ideally no older than 5 but no younger than 1.
Would love a dog to take to the yard so good recall required
Not too strong on lead as I'm recovering from broken leg
The cuddlier and softer at home the better

Open to suggestions if anyone has them xx

lochpearl

Visit site
No ideas sorry, just wanted to say what a fabulous home awaits! Sorry to hear about your old lad and I'm sure you'll find something lovely for Flynn to befriend soon.

Vizslak

Visit site
Vizsla welfare have a lovely soppy four year old male up for rehoming at the moment through no fault of his own. I believe he is currently being fostered in blackpool.

Henbug

Visit site
Try manytearsrescue.webs.com we foster dogs for them and its a really good charity. Because they foster their dogs out there are dogs all over the country so there should be some that are close to you.

Last edited:

Cluny

Visit site
Sorry to hear that you lost your dog.

I can recommend Evesham Greyhound & Lurcher rescue. I have had 3 lurchers from them over the years and the are fab. They do have some smaller whippetty lurchers looking for homes and all their dogs are kept in foster homes and not kennels, so are thoroughly checked out. They rehome all over the country as long as they can do a home check.

Just google them.

Smitty

Visit site
A second recommendation for Many Tears. Whilst they may not have what you are looking for in your area today, they may well have tomorrow as many dogs are rehomed very quickly and they seem to take new dogs in on a daily basis.

My ex and I rehomed one of their hard to home dogs a couple of years ago and there was always help at the other end of the phone if you needed it.

Our dog was a good looking little devil and sadly he/I paid the price for that as whilst walking him near an industrial estate he went missing. This was over a year since I had adopted him and MT were again marvelous, advising me what to do, putting appeals for him on their main page, supporting me and offering a shoulder to cry on.

Now if only they had a terrier or two nearer me ...

BuzzyBea

Visit site
I will keep looking! I noticed that the new dogs are based in Camarthenshire which is about 4 1/2 hours away from me so I'll have to hope that the ones I like are fostered nearer home.

There is a beautiful young Collie on there called Milo that is stunning and sounds fab - sadly for me he is reserved :(

Polotash

Visit site
GRWE (greyhound and lurcher rescue charity) operate all over the country. They also have some smaller whippety types, and most sighthounds are wimps, so would work well with your boy.

They also mostly home from foster, and have a very good 24/7 helpline for post-homing issues which may arise.

Worth a call? Their number is 07000 785 092 and it's open 8am till 8pm.

Good luck!