Loose Droppings

vicm2509

Visit site
I did post about this last year but as nothing has changed I thought I would pick your brains for more ideas.

Usually Barons dropping are ok (although last year they were always very loose). I have discovered apples make them very loose, not found any other causes though. No matter what time of year or what I feed him he gets loose droppings. I think it may be an anxiety thing. If I bring him in the first one is fine, but they get looser and looser the longer he is in. He can do about 5 in an hour, the last one being like water. He is an anxious horse and tend to do them on the build up to something, like being ridden, being fed, going out in the box etc. However as soon as he is in the box they are fine, as soon as he is ridden they are fine. Last year they were like slop 24/7 but since moving to a new yard they are much better, I have put that down to the old yard being very busy and making him tense combined with the very overgrazed grass being quite acidid (which will make sense as apples are quite acidic)

I have him on pink powder and have recently started him on the Carl Hester Calmer.

Wondered if anyone has had any results with anything else??

Jellymoon

Visit site
Mine is like that too - he's a naturally stressy horse, weaves in the stable, hates being seperated etc. He often has loose droppings, but over the years, I've just had to learn to live with it. He looks well, holds his weight OK, it's just him. Maybe he's actually a cow!

D

Donkeymad

Have you tried Yea-sacc?
I have found Diareze by Gold Label effective, but not sure if it is a suitable one in your circumstances ( I don't think it will help with the stressiness)

vicm2509

Visit site
Thanks for the advice everyone, I will look into the product suggested
smile.gif