Lorries - 1.5 sticker ?

eatmoremincepies

Visit site
Any of the knowledgable lorry people on here know the answer to this one . .

At my plating, the VOSA chap was looking for a "1.5 sticker", and as he couldn't find one, said I needed to have Rear End Outline Marker Lamps (which could just be reflectors - I think) and Side Marker Lamps (which had to be actual lights rather than the reflectors I currently have).

My lorry is 92 reg and apparently these lamps have been required since April 1991, but neither VOSA nor lorry servicing people have mentioned it before (had the lorry 2-3 years).

So perhaps I do have a "1.5 sticker" which is presumably some kind of exemption? If so what does it look like and any suggestions for where the darn thing is?!!

Confused of Oxfordshire!

FriendlyCob

Visit site
Hi

I defo wouldn't label myself as knowledgeable on the box front- let's be honest my father covers this ;) but I do remenber a whisper about VOSA asking 7.5 vehicles and above having hashed like out line stickers interspersed with reflector to show the width/ hight sort of out lining the size of the vehicle on the rear end....... not sure if this is what he means?

As for 1.5 sticker who knows but maby try the direct gov web site & see if that covers it?

Hope that helps xx

Ps sorry for shocking spelling :D

ossy

Visit site

At my plating, the VOSA chap was looking for a "1.5 sticker", and as he couldn't find one, said I needed to have Rear End Outline Marker Lamps (which could just be reflectors - I think) and Side Marker Lamps (which had to be actual lights rather than the reflectors I currently have).

My lorry is 92 reg and apparently these lamps have been required since April 1991, but neither VOSA nor lorry servicing people have mentioned it before (had the lorry 2-3 years).

So perhaps I do have a "1.5 sticker" which is presumably some kind of exemption? If so what does it look like and any suggestions for where the darn thing is?!!

Confused of Oxfordshire!

I'm not sure what is meant by the "1.5 sticker" is but as far as I know what the VOSA guy has said your lorry needs in terms of reflectors and lamps is right, I had a 1999 lorry fail as it didn't have the side lamps before.

They only thing I know that your 1991 lorry would be except from was the new rules brought in in 2006 about additional reflectors over and above what your guy is recommending.

Do you have someone who services your horse box for you? He should be able to help you as mine helped me with the 2006 stuff.

eatmoremincepies

Visit site
Thanks - yes I have had 3 different lorry servicing places do the pre-plating checks since i've had the lorry (and a friend owned it before) and no-one seems to have had any idea about this. Has just never been mentioned by them or VOSA before! Which made me wonder if there was a sticker . .

Yes that's what they mean FriendlyCob.

perfect11s

Visit site

Confused of Oxfordshire!
It was something they got hot on about 4 or 5 years ago basicly you will need two red iluminating refectors in each top corner at the back and I would guess 3 or 4 iluminating reflectors on the side , one quite close to the back one near the front and the others spaced out, you only need the outline tape on the newest lorrys, oh and make sure you get LED lights, bulb types are a pain... not sure about the 1.5 thing??!!! confused of cheshire !!!!:D

eatmoremincepies

Visit site
Thanks perfect11, yes that's it, illuminating reflectors. Good tip about the LED lights.

Time to get some beer with which to bribe Mr Eatmorecake into garage mode . . :)